Expect Icing

Oh yes.. Absolutely!..

Before Rex Ess I never bothered with de icing. Much to my misfortune, I was climbing through the clouds, lost my instruments completely.. Wings became iced, plane didn't know how high I was, airspeed etc.. Stalled and crashed..

Then realised with Rex Ess gives a real feeling of all the elements. I had forgot to put my pitot heating on and it froze over

Oh yes.. Absolutely!..

Before Rex Ess I never bothered with de icing. Much to my misfortune, I was climbing through the clouds, lost my instruments completely.. Wings became iced, plane didn't know how high I was, airspeed etc.. Stalled and crashed..

Then realised with Rex Ess gives a real feeling of all the elements. I had forgot to put my pitot heating on and it froze over

Hello John!

What Add-On (GA)-Plane did You use here?

I only experienced icing once with the Katana... maybe I always had good luck or did handle all system properly (which I am really not that convinced about :D ) but to be honest:

I wish I'd have some simulated (only) "Icing-experiences" more frequently to get familiar with situations like these - especially now with REX ESSENTIALS available!

So - could You please let me know what Add-On You used?

Thank You very much in advance!

All the best my friend and happy flying,

Christoph

Hello John!

What Add-On (GA)-Plane did You use here?

I only experienced icing once with the Katana... maybe I always had good luck or did handle all system properly (which I am really not that convinced about :D ) but to be honest:

I wish I'd have some simulated (only) "Icing-experiences" more frequently to get familiar with situations like these - especially now with REX ESSENTIALS available!

So - could You please let me know what Add-On You used?

Thank You very much in advance!

All the best my friend and happy flying,

Christoph

Hi Christoph... really nice comments my friend.. thanks :)

Yeah, REX Ess really does knock you back with realism.. and although stalling and crashing should never be a good thing, I was quite excited when it happened to me, especially from a frozen pitot tube!

The aircraft this happened to was the Carenado Beachcraft Bonanze. One of my most used planes :)

Hi Christoph... really nice comments my friend.. thanks :)

Yeah, REX Ess really does knock you back with realism.. and although stalling and crashing should never be a good thing, I was quite excited when it happened to me, especially from a frozen pitot tube!

The aircraft this happened to was the Carenado Beachcraft Bonanze. One of my most used planes :)

Hi John!

Thank You very much!

... the Bonanza - i see, i see... damn though i don't have it in my hangar, but i will try fiddling around with some Icing as soon as i have REX-Ess. on my HD and within FSX (just wait for the OverDrive package) and some other plane then!

I am sure to find one for testing it all out ;) !

But for now:

Thanks a lot again John for sharing this great screenshot and info here!

Have some great flights,

Christoph

Archived