KJAC terain

banjoman1960

G'day Ralph,

That is indeed correct, though a couple of tips that may help you get the distant terrain looking a little sharper:

1. Zoom out your view a bit. You've got quite a strong zoom in that shot, so if you change this a little bit it will help. If you wish to keep your aircraft still considerable in-frame, after you've zoomed out to 0.4 or so, use ctrl-- (minus) to bring it back to the foreground.

2. Have a play with your anti-aliasing settings on your graphics card, this always helps with the display of textures in FSX

3. Change the LOD_RADIUS in your fsx.cfg (under [TERRAIN] subheading) from 4.5 to 6.5 (or even higher if your setup can handle it). This changes the amount of detail rendered at distance in the terrain, and will resolve exactly this issue, but at a slight performance cost.

Cheers,

Jarrad

No probs :-)

Yes there is custom traffic for the airport, but not a huge amount. A smattering of biz aircraft, twin & single GAs (all default FSX aircraft) is all we included. The presumption is that many users will have custom AI packages (WOAI, MyTraffic etc), and as such we wanted to leave enough room for those possibilities too.

Cheers

Yeah, but looking at the world with zoom or .3 or .4 is like looking at it with a wide angle lens or the passenger side view mirror (the one that says objects are much closer than they appear). It makes judging things like closeness to the ground while landing more difficult. It also puts that terrain much further away from you than it is. And, it doesn't look realistic when flying that way. Zoom is always a compromise since you are looking at a boxed view of the world rather than having your normal peripheral vision. I find about .85 a good compromise. The world isn't absurdly distanced at that zoom, but you can still see most of your panel. Terrain shouldn't require a zoom setting of .3 or .4 to look good.

Hmm...I see I'm not alone here having texture problems which I never had before in any other ORBX scenery. Nice airport but blurry mountain areas. Something must be wrong here. When I pass the area and move on to the rest of the ORBX scenery, everything turns back to normal, clear and nice.

I installed all 3 packages and all the relevant .BGL's are present.

All FSX settings according to the manual.

Archived