Distraught

macca22au

I have a soft spot for your Tooradin, its such a well made and fun airport.

I position VH-SOM there and fly around the Westernport and Gippsland areas from there - apart from the odd quicky to Tyabb.

However for some strange reason I took the trawler as representative of the real thing.  It looks so good, even has nav lights, and seems ripe to be snatched back by the Russian mafia.

Sadly a photo on Google Earth shows that the real thing is a rusty battered hulk, that wouldn't float in a cyclone.

In one way I am pleased that your trawler is so posh, but my illusion has been shattered for ever.

Meanwhile I took the Carenado 182RG for a ride from Redcliffe to Gympie over the Glasshouse mountains.  FTX is superb and I did have an illusion of real world flying it is so good. 

You keep being thanked, but you deserve it.

Hmmm   Not being familiar with Australia like a native would be, I looked at those places on Googe Earth and saw no trawler / boat. I did find Canadian Bay tho. ( In Australia ??? )

We just called it Canadian Bay to keep all the Canucks happy and feeling at home while they flew around in the FTX skies!  ;)

Turnip:  go into Google Earth, zoom in on Tooradin, where you should find a panaramio photo symbol at the eastern end of the strip.  Open the photo, and voila, a rusty broken hulk that is plain ugly compared with the Orbx neat and tidy ship (taken from an object library I guess).

As to Canadian Bay, and the suburb of Canada in Ballaraat.  It just proves how far people travel in a gold rush, we even have places in Australia that bear the title of America.

Archived