CRC Error on setup_NRM.12 N. Rocky Mountains Download?

boleyd

Many hours later still trying to download, for the first time, Northern Rocky Mountains at a speed of 40kBs from the USA. Only 3 hours to go. In parallel loading via European server but at 2.2mBs and 23 minutes to go.

Another attempt to get NRM download. Using USA server and speed falls off to 93kBs!!!!! 1.5 hours into this and still 30 minutes remain. My connection speed to ISP is 16mbs. ??? Whoops just looked and speed at 60kBs..... Now down to 35kBs.... How about 19kBs...Now running between +100kBs and +25kBs.... :unsure: Maybe it will go negative and extract what has been downloaded.

Hi Folks, just a suggestion, I use IDM, (Internet Download Manager), which does wonders for speed and also avoids errors. There are others on the market but IDM worked best for me.

One of the great things about most download manager programs is that you don't have to start all over if you are downloading when you get an unexpected power outage or some other catastrophic event in that genre. The IDM I have will simply pickup where it left off.

Many of these program download managers speed up the download by some incredible amounts. I personally have seen IDM change the time it took to download a large photographic editing program from 2.5 hours to 21 minutes! I had to re-download that program on more than two or three occasions, (for different computers, to a complete O/S reinstall etc.), and it was for that reason that I started looking for a good download manager. Now you won't always see speed differences like that but you can bet that it'll be faster than it was without the IDM.

IDM has a trial version for free, (or at least they did have), and you should give it a try. I do a lot of program downloading and the IDM has paid for itself many times over. But even if you only download a program 3 or 4 times per year, it's still truly worth it in my opinion.

BTW, I have no affiliation to IDM, it's just a good program.

Rich

HI all!

Have an Error unzipping NRM 12

:Extracting to "C:\Temp\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: yes

Extracting FTX_NA_BLUE_NRM_User_Guide.pdf

Extracting FTX_NRM_Coverage_and_Features_Map_V1.2.kmz

Extracting Important_Read_Me!.txt

Extracting OrbxFTXNABlueNRM.exe

Extracting setup_NRM.10

Extracting setup_NRM.11

Extracting setup_NRM.12