Any (missing) water rudders solution for Aerosoft DHC-6 Twotter?

T-Bone

I like flying the Twotter, but have not flown my float version for years because taxing in the water is next to impossible without water rudders. I don't have seperate throttle controllers so it's frusterating and next to impossible to try and work the ones in the plane (3D cockpit) and watch where I am taxing at the same time.

Anyway now that I am doing some float plane flying in the Tongass Fjords and Orbx PFJ I would like to use my Twotter again. Does anybody know if there is a solution for this rudderless float plane? From what I remember years ago there were a lot of others disappointed by that too. Thanks.

My aerosoft twotter has a 'control W' function which activates the water rudders.

Seriously? Then can you tell us how that came to be, because it doesn't come that way from Aerosoft.

It may be you could try for left rudder; numerical '0' and right rudder; keyboard 'enter'

It works quite well with some seaplanes but I'm not sure if its the cure for the Twotter.

John

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no water rudders on the new one either. I'm certainly no expert, but read what others had to say and some said these Twotters never ever had water rudders, so it's technically correct. I guess if you are a purest maybe you don't want them. But what it's done for me is put a new ploat plane in my hanger that otherwise never would get flown because taxing and/or slewing with this one was no fun.

Archived