Movinf FTX/Orbx Files and Using in FSX and Prepare3d/SBSL

boleyd

Before the SBSL came out I tried to move files to Prepare3D to use my FTX/Orbx stuff there. Now that there are SBSLs for the things I use a question has arisen.

Can I simply put all of my updated files into Prepare3d and, with the SBSL use them in FSX as well? The problem is that the FTX Central seems to use a value in the registry and thus does not list some assest. Is there a way to Get Central to recognize all of my files in a new location?

I assume the Orbx library goes at the bottom of the list in Prepare3d and the airports at the top??

The SBSL's work with various registry and linking functions between FSX and P3D. You'll have to have the sceneries installed in FSX for it to work properly, that's how the migrator tool will work. With it you can have both FSX and P3D. By not copying over every file and letting the SBSL's and migrator tool take care of it you'll ultimately save hard drive space too

I did a clean install of the Orbx stuff into FSX and removed the files I was placing in Prepar3D. FSX ok... Installed SSBL and the small Orbx folder appeared in Prepare3D. However, the 1WA6 (Fall City) airport remains the default one in Prepare3D. Do you have to install airports into both FSX and P3D? There seems to be no instruction on this. If so how do you tell it to install into P3D and not FSX? Or, is asimple copy/paste ok?

Archived