White roofs on many FTXhouses

CBris

I searched "white roof" and only found one thread that was not really what I hoped for.

Question - so many of the FTX roofing appears to be white. Have I missed something during the installs?

Posted Image

That image shows PacNW and as you can see - there are mostly white roofs. When I fly over FTX NA airports and towns I do see coloured roofs, but as you can see from the shot below - there are still plenty of white roofs scattered throughout.

Could I have missed an autogen fix somewhere?

Posted Image

Hi CBris, its possible that you may have overwritten the American roof texture somehow, I'm not sure how, maybe another product that also alters this

Anyway, grab the file attached below and unzip, drop into FSX/ORBX/Scripts/Custom.na, then switch FTXcentral to default, press OK, switch back to North America, press OK again

Let me know how you go, if it doesn't work we'll investigate more

Cheers

Tim

@Tim

Thanks. I checked the zip and the folder - the file in the installed folder was identical to the zip and both dds opened correctly.

But the problem, was cured by using FTX Central, going to default, setting an insertion point and then returning to FTX NA. I think the last time I flew FSX default, I tried a manual rearrangement in the scenery library and must have fluffed something. Looks good so far!

Thanks to other helpers too.

By the way - would you believe that at one time I put the white roofs down to the winter season and good insulation on all the houses. Snow covered, frosty roofs!

Archived