1994 Wish List

gibo

My first PC had an extended 2MB of RAM. 560kb was standard. I requested a Maths Co-processor. That sounded like performance, whatever it was. The HD was 20MB. An optional extra. And FS4 or FS3 I think, was an eye opener. I purchased Falcon 3 before the PC. It looked like classified stuff.

Please note that the fps is dubbed in.

Posted Image

I wish there were real like airports with hangars, Taxways, moving people. If only the aircraft could do this and that. If only there were ORBX!

Then several years later my dream came true! What a difference a day (or 2) makes.

Posted Image

I saw these things but just couldn't get into it despite my interest and experience in aviation . Just about coped with fs9. But ,as you say ,TODAY .wow. Different ballpark and we are lucky.

Hey, Gibo , go and put another screenshot up at Milviz's competition . You are allowed two screen shots -one unedited and the other edited. Some kid there has put up three at least ...hahaha . Nobody seems to mind

That's progress for you, so if that is about a 15 year progress gap; what is the next 5 years going to bring us?

Computer technology expands so fast these days. I remember the typewriter. So if the computer replaced the typewriter, what will replace the computer and better still what will replace FSX Gold?

Hope I am still around to see that!!. :D

Well done gibo; for the memory jolt... :)

Do I read correctly...2,048fps based upon very limited CP power and bugger all graphics...maybe we hav'nt gone that far getting ~30-40 fps on FSX.

Of course we have gone a long way, but again 2.048fps ::)

Going back a couple of years to '92, my "flight sim box" was an Amiga. It had 1Mb of system RAM, 40Mb HDD (huge!), and a thing called a "mouse" for pointing at things! It sported a GUI called "Workbench", flashed up 4096 colours and it even had built-in stereo sound.

I was flying with "Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer 2". It was "So Cool". And, Soooo much better than those PC guys! ::)

Many years later ..............

I think, that 5 years, from now, you will have aprox 2000 fps in FSX 8) and 140 fps with all old and new Addons you possible can think of. ::)

Screen in 3D with out glasses of course and big BIG 200" and zero pix, and at least 3 years warranty. ???:D

Btw. have some one tryed GoogleEarth (flightsim) at PARK (there is some 3D builds there) .

Chuck Yeager.. I tryed (30 years aprox) but no Cigar. :-[

Best Regards

Henrik

uhm ... I could give you a wishlist from an Apple ][ Flight Simulator 1 experience ....

I think it was 1981 or something, all we had were lines. White. On a black background.

Huge breakthrough on my C64: White lines. On a GREEN background.

But I learned to follow VOR's

I think you all know that there is a site telling the whole story: http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/versions.htm

Old times ......

AD

Archived