• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

great pics!Is that just FSX with FTX or do you have some other add-ons to create that gorgeous environment.

It would be nice if you could share your Flight Sim set-up with use (add-ons ect),also what planes are in the pics.

Cheers....

JohnG....

Sorry, i completely missed your replies in this topic.

Well, my PC is 14 month old now - 14 month ago it would have made you cry  ;D, but today it is very affordable when you are into over clocking. It is 'just' an E6600 (2.4) but water cooled and o/c to 3.6 GHz. I use a single GTX 8800 factory clocked to 650/2000 together with 4 GB DDR2 RAM (800 MHz) and Vista Ultimate 64.

The pics show FTX/FEX only.

All frame rate killers like bloom, ground shadows and airliner traffic are off - water is at 2xHigh (not max) and autogen at very dense (not max). The only tweak i use is 'trees_per_cell' at 2500 to 3000 (still playing with that one). I have FSX SP2 installed, but use DX9 only.

Heiko

Lovely! Dont make your night shots like some commercial ' Night Environment' which has far too much of the Christmas tree variety.

Mango can only makes shots from what we give him, and I can assure you our night lighting is far, far more subdued than the default "streets of lava" or some payware variants which seems to insist that entire cities are on fire. In real life at night, if you fly over urban areas, apart from main arterial roads and the city center, most cities are almost totally dark apart from the street lights. And street lights actually cast very specific and small circular light patterns. FTX will deliver the most true and natural night/dusk/dawn lighting you've ever seen :)

Archived