Jimmy Is back and wants new rig

Jimmy UK

Hello all

Its been a while since i last posted on here I have had alot going on in my life over the past 12 months moving house ect but i now have a little more time on my hands again. I have popped in from time to time and have maintained my simming as much as I could but havent posted anything since I may not of had time to reply in the past. I hope you all are doing well.

Im a little behind on my Orbx collection now and I will be rectifying that as asap but for now Im gonna hold out and get myself a new rig at some point this year hopefuly so hard saving is on the menu. Just had enough of tweaking and configuring FSX I want something that can run Orbx in all its glory and fly more rather than tweak aswell, plus I got myself the PMDG 737 NGX which is quite a demanding piece of kit but must add its superb and worth the small penalty of a slight decrease in FPS. My current rig handles everything satisfactory but I would like full Autogen and more traffic and to be able to fly at night times smoothly.

Do you think that hardware has caught up enough now to have a smooth locked 30 FPS with these higher settings (maxed out or close to with in reason e.g water settings no higher than Low2x ect). And also I would apreciate any spec advice on what to look for. I will have to wait a few months in anycase but any point in the right direction in what to look for in the mean time would be very much apreciated.

Im so glad to finally get back on here and I have missed it so much but hopefuly from now on I will be a regular like old times.

I really want the New Zealand scenery though so if i save well i might have an early treat for my efforts hahahaha, cant help it you know what its like.

Anyway great to be back and Orbx as ever outstanding and the very best imho, thankyou all and sorry for being a stranger.

Cheers

Jimmy

Well, if you're waiting a few months then Intel's Ivy Bridge processors and nVidia's Kepler GPU's are coming soon. The combo should blow FSX away considering how high Ivy Bridge can supposedly clock

Hi Alex thanks for your speedy reply, I have read a little about the up and coming GPU's and processors its all very exciting and I just want to make sure of my purchases as and when I have saved enough. I have been looking at Alienware and Cyberpower PC builds, I have built my own in the past but I'm not sure I want the hassle of doing it again but we will see. Btw I must congratulate you on the release of W52 Goheen, its a wonderful piece of scenery Alex, even tho I havent added the purchase to my sig yet its actually the most recent Orbx product I have purchased. I look forward to your other projects and inputs to others as and when they become available, great work and thankyou for your reply.

Cheers

Jimmy

Wellcome back Jimmy, i know the house moving feeling mate ive just done it last month as for the new rig there should be plenty of advice from the folk here im a bit behind with all the new stuff still running my i7 930 and my Rampage 111 but im getting great results and will stay with it another year yet, Good luck to you on your new rig when you get it.

cheers

Iain

Wellcome back Jimmy, i know the house moving feeling mate ive just done it last month as for the new rig there should be plenty of advice from the folk here im a bit behind with all the new stuff still running my i7 930 and my Rampage 111 but im getting great results and will stay with it another year yet, Good luck to you on your new rig when you get it.

cheers

Iain

Hello Iain my friend its been a while, yeah the house moving sure is a big chore and I'm hoping that It'll be a while before I have to do it again haha. Thanks so much in regards to the new rig mate and it sure is nice to speak to you again Iain ;D.

Hi Alex thanks for your speedy reply, I have read a little about the up and coming GPU's and processors its all very exciting and I just want to make sure of my purchases as and when I have saved enough. I have been looking at Alienware and Cyberpower PC builds, I have built my own in the past but I'm not sure I want the hassle of doing it again but we will see. Btw I must congratulate you on the release of W52 Goheen, its a wonderful piece of scenery Alex, even tho I havent added the purchase to my sig yet its actually the most recent Orbx product I have purchased. I look forward to your other projects and inputs to others as and when they become available, great work and thankyou for your reply.

Cheers

Jimmy

Thanks! I appreciate the kinds words!

If you're going for a pre-built I've heard good things about Cyberpower over Alienware. They have a good i5-2550K based system, maybe in a few months it'll be an Ivy Bridge based one! SB chips are incredibly easy to overclock if you get one so paying for it to be pre-clocked... well that money could go to something else :)

Thanks! I appreciate the kinds words!

If you're going for a pre-built I've heard good things about Cyberpower over Alienware. They have a good i5-2550K based system, maybe in a few months it'll be an Ivy Bridge based one! SB chips are incredibly easy to overclock if you get one so paying for it to be pre-clocked... well that money could go to something else :)

Your very welcome Alex, yeah I have heard similar reports like Alienware is more of a designer product so you pay more for less but they sure are eye candy. And definately sounds sense if OC is easy to achieve with the new SB's cos every little helps on buying hardware. Updated my sig now to Alex so your W52 purchase is confirmed mate hahaha.

Hi Jimmy, nice to see you around again my friend.

Hi Howard its good to be back and Its nice to talk to you again friend, hope the rigs ok for you, you still happy tweaking the config?. I cant wait to get a new rig built so I can fly in this outstanding scenery in its full glory but realistically for me its going to be back end of this year hopefuly a little sooner. Like Alex said its probably a blessing I have to wait because of the new hardware coming soon. Cheers Howard.

Hi Howard its good to be back and Its nice to talk to you again friend, hope the rigs ok for you, you still happy tweaking the config?. I cant wait to get a new rig built so I can fly in this outstanding scenery in its full glory but realistically for me its going to be back end of this year hopefuly a little sooner. Like Alex said its probably a blessing I have to wait because of the new hardware coming soon. Cheers Howard.

The rig Jimmy is superb! Yes, I still tweak the cfg :D but to be honest I think I've got it more or less exactly where I want it! Back end of the year? mmmm :(

The rig Jimmy is superb! Yes, I still tweak the cfg :D but to be honest I think I've got it more or less exactly where I want it! Back end of the year? mmmm :(

Well thats good to hear Howard, its a tuff one to get right I know that for myself :D . Yeah gotta wait a while and keep saving, Ive only got £800 pound roughly atm and I think Im gonna have to double that to get what I need.

Well thats good to hear Howard, its a tuff one to get right I know that for myself :D . Yeah gotta wait a while and keep saving, Ive only got £800 pound roughly atm and I think Im gonna have to double that to get what I need.

You could always sell some of your organs :D

Archived