Quality of roads in PNW

DocBird

How comes that the roads in all the Orbx-sceneries are not at all of a quality that one would expect them to be when you see the beautiful hills, trees, airports, buildings, etc.

From somewhere up there roads look o.k., just grey with washed out grey lines. But they do not really improve much once you decent. Especially near the (Orbx-default)airports nice roads with a good resolution and markings would be a great improvement. But also in the bush some times I come close to roads...

Roads in PNW could much look like taxiways. Nice surface and yellow lines. I know: This is complaining at a high level, however, since we have dancing waitresses I thing roads could be next.

Or is there something wrong with my settings?

Hi there,

it actually was a conscious design decision to not "oversharpen" the road textures relative to the surrounding ground textures, like other add-ons do. See this explanation of mine: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17798-poor-looking-roads-pnw/page__view__findpost__p__156127

As you can see from the discussion not everyone agrees and revising the road textures has been considered and remains on a background to-do list. However, most users seem to prefer our approach because otherwise we'd be inundated with requests for changes.

Cheers, Holger

Sorry Holger that I didn't find that post before!

O.k. I understand your approach. However, my understanding of that thread is that there are some other user out there that would value sharper roads in NA. Maybe you like to ask the forum this question and find out what the crowd thinks.

Maybe this could be an option to choose in the FTX-Center?

Best, Till

Archived