Return to Misty Moorings adds seasons

ba43

Coming soon to Return to Misty Moorings are some new seasonal capabilities with some of our upcoming scenery locations. Canoona Lake and CAS2 Moose Lake. Rod Jackson has produced a switcher tool for us that can give the end user control over custom seasonal files that will make the location display correct seasonal foliage. Instead of seeing green oak trees placed by the designer all year round, now you'll be able to switch to fall colors to match the surrounding orbx seasonal changes and those old oak trees will have autumn leaves displayed. We can also use this tool to change out some static 3D people objects being designed that would show seasonal changes as well, like clothing. Now the parka wearing lady in the snow can shed her coat in the summertime!

More to come on this as we work out the kinks but here are a few pictures to show some of the changes now available to the end user of our freeware scenery at RTMM.

Thanks for your interest as we try and make the PFJ scenery region a place you might like to visit on a regular basis.

Brad Allen

http://return.mistymoorings.com

Winter Takeoff

Posted Image

Winter Landing

Posted Image

Summer/Spring Takeoff

Posted Image

Summer/Spring departure

Posted Image

Fall Takeoff

Posted Image

Fall Landing

Posted Image

Thank you Brad and all of your contributors. I have to be honest and say I have yet to download , but that will happen when I get hold of a large HDD. ( Im on my new rig and already the hdd is getting full !)

Its a great project and one that would give the hobby devs a lot of pleasure I guess, as well as the users ! Keep up the good work and I will catch up.

Brad, if you would be so kind as to tell me ALL the scenery libraries I will need for ALL RTMM and CIRP. I have all the ones for Ketchikan Harbor to work plus a few others but wanted to just go ahead and install all the ones I may need for ALL RTMM. Ketchikan Harbor looks awesome but I am ready to put them all in.

Archived