Tassie

MitchE

Thanks Guys. For some reason I get this question a lot. What you see is what I get.

The waves are just there with my settings except for inland. Scenery complexity High, Autogen Dense. I have always had them until I swapped out the old 9800GTX with a new 560gtx Ti. Got lots of game OOMs, Crashes and lost most of the waves, all for only a few FPS. I gave up on it and popped the old faithful 9800GTX back in. Rock Solid, no Crashes etc. Go figure..

Most beaches , regardless of geography do this for about 5 km of shoreline under 5000ft under about 10 km view distance. Thought it was normal Not for you guys?

Timmo, fly along a beach at 1000 ft somewhere for me.Not Port phillip bay.I dont get anything What do you get ?

Mitch

Mitch

Drivers 285.62 from the Nvidia site. The 9800 has had numerous updates over 3 years via windows auto update. The 560 was installed with 1. the latest drivers after a total cleanout in safe mode. Then the same for the reinstall of the 9800 drivers a couple of weeks ago. The only different settings to the FTX recommended ones would be 'anistropic filtering' enabled and advanced animations ticked. Thats about it.

For what its worth, the 9800GTX wasnt a cheap one a few years ago.

Guys,I found the longest beach I could find in Tassie. about 5km west of Strahan. Both shots from the same spot with the second zoomed all the way out and 'Y' yawed left. Thats about the draw distance on a beach. Rocky coastlines with complex shorelines are about half this. I'll leave you to ponder.......Mitch

Posted ImagePosted Image

Archived