Couple questions

HandsB

First I'd like to say hi to everybody in the community and congratulate the developers for what looks like it's going to be THE scenery addon for FSX :)

I'm also really glad it's coming out in December, for now I know what I'm going to offer myself for Christmas :D

There are a couple of questions I'd appreciate if someone could answer me.

Regarding the regions, will the other regions of the globe have the same level of detail and accuracy that Australia region has ? My main interest here would be western Europe including the countries of Southern Europe.

And are you guys contemplating doing the African continent ?

Regards

Bruno

Hello FTX staff. I really like the transformation of FSX you're undertaking with FTX.

Just to clarify a bit on Europe and asking for a friendly comparison with a product I already own....  Will FTX have product features similar to Horizon Simulation's 3-region coverage of the UK? In other words, is your product essentially a photoreal (low-flying aircraft not satellite) scenery of multiple geographical regions, enhanced with multiple seasons, night-lighting, and airports? If you can clarify any differences between HS's product and yours, it might help me, because I'm thinking they are similar. Perhaps the technology behind it all is different?

Many thanks,

BG

Our approach to FTX_EU will be exactly the same as what we're doing for Australia - that is, sourcing the highest resolution aerial photography and then producing a VFR-lover's deam for flying low and slow. So that's yes to seasonal variations, night lighting, custom autogen and lots more.

As for comparisons to Horizons' product, it's really not the same approach as us - they can give you 100% photoreal coverage for the whole UK which I think would be fantastic for doing navs and flights at 4000+ FT AGL. I actually showed FTX to the one of the Horizons guys in Seattle last month (I think he was the CEO) and he loved it.

The power and beauty of FTX is its textures - you can skim a few hundred feet above the ground and it still looks good, and then cruise at 10,000 FT and it's still far, far better than default.

We're doing at least four regions for Europe, which should be released beginning May/June next year.

Do any of these regions include Southern Europe, ie. Portugal, Spain, Greece, Italy and Med Islands?

Sorry for insisting on the matter, but I'm seriously considering in buying the whole package, and this is important for me as I've noticed that SE is normally disregarded in scenery addons.

Regards

Bruno

Archived