Suggest an Airport for FTX

AussiePilot

Hi everyone, i like many others cannot wait until December for the release of FTX. I would like to use this post to ensure that some of our favorite airports are added into the add on pack.

I am a real world pilot and use the sim world as a bible for training. I often fly out of Penfield airport (charter work) which is on the outskirts of Sunbury, Victoria. To this day i am yet to see this airport added into any scenery add-ons. I would love to see this airfield added to the list.

:) :) :) :)

Sunbury YPEN will be included in our freeway airport pack. It will have photoreal ground textures, fully blended into the FTX textures. I am popping out there on the weekend to take some ground-level photos for the modelers so they can add the clubhouse, old hangar and new tent hangars. It should come up a treat!  I'll post some screenshots soon, but here's a little bonus:

Some shots of Riddell's Creek taken by the developer and testers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i think from memory koorby is also a Sunbury native, could be wrong

Also Koorbs, don't suppose Ballarat is getting any treatment is it, its been since the Eureka tower for VOZ 1.0 since i did any building work, am almost going to hit it again and make up some Ballarat stuff, but it wouldn't be the same as if you guys did it, any good Christmas news for little old Ballarat boy here???

i think from memory koorby is also a Sunbury native, could be wrong

Also Koorbs, don't suppose Ballarat is getting any treatment is it, its been since the Eureka tower for VOZ 1.0 since i did any building work, am almost going to hit it again and make up some Ballarat stuff, but it wouldn't be the same as if you guys did it, any good Christmas news for little old Ballarat boy here???

Jason, if you take all the ground level photos around Ballarat airport for us then we can do the rest.

OK, so what are you looking for, a picture that covers pretty much everything and close ups of all the buildings? I will take what i think you need, and if you need more ill go out and grab specifics hows that sound

OK, so what are you looking for, a picture that covers pretty much everything and close ups of all the buildings? I will take what i think you need, and if you need more ill go out and grab specifics hows that sound

Yep that will pretty much do it. There's ample MSVE coverage so we have the ground photoreal covered. Try to take the photos either morning or afternoon to avoid shadows from the eaves of the buildings. Stand about 20m away and take each building from as many sides as you can.

Im in Sunbury, i could get some pictures if you wanted to save some time and petrol?

I'm also in Sunbury, but the difficulty is time ;)

If you can pop out to the airport and take shots of all the buildings preferably in the morning from all side. We'll need the old large wrought iron hangar, the new tent hangars, the small buildings at the entrance including the flight school and also the farmhouse on the property if you can get near it. Also, can you try to take some decent shots of the trees that bound the airport - we only need a few to get an idea. Finally, any "incidental" objects like the fuel pump and other bits and pieces would help as well.

I dont know if it has an airport code but there is a small airport outside of geelong on the bellarine highway on the way to torquay I would love to see included, and also if anyone still remembers tiger moth world, which would be more like a bush strip than an airport but just down the road!  I will be home in Feb and plan to do some flying out of the bellarine/geelong airport if anyone would be interested in creating it from photos, as I have zero creative ability!

Hi all, I have been watching these forums for some months now in anticipation of this amazing product, I am training to be a pilot out of a little town called TYABB on the mornington peninsula, I was just wondering if there was any plans of creating the westernport Aerofield, It is a very busy little airport with beautiful views of the peninsula and melbourne CBD used mainly for GA training and it is also a home for a lot of old warplanes http://www.pac.asn.au/ I have my credit card waiting,Awesome work.Cheers.

There are over 450 sealed and grass strips in Victoria alone. Over the next 24 months we will aim to have them all done, either as freeware by the Orbx team/beta testers/developers or as freeware from the VOZ team. Remember, we've not even released our SDK, but it really is quite simple to create photoreal airports in FSX now, so eventually I envisage every single strip will be done. For the major GA airports and internationals, Orbx will be releasing them as beautifully detailed payware made from licensed aerial photos and ground-level photography.

We really are in the prime of simulation for Australian right now, it's going to get quite a facelift over the next little while :)

• 1 month later...

Hi John & Team!

Looking really forward to the release............especially Queensland.

YBCS (Cairns) is my home airport. So this is one I would like to see together with as many of the island resort mini ports if possible.

Some are only privat ports. Lizard Island, Dunk etc. ( I used to work there) etc.

I am sure it will be great judging by your screenshots!

Regards and God bless

Alfred

i know its not in Victoria but maybe in the AUGOLD region you could do Toowoomba, as it is my home town..it was down on FS9 and was Awsome

No offense hutchie But I think everyone would love there home airport to be done by the orbx team I know because I am one of them since Albury(YMAY) is my home airport and it would be good if it could be done and they all will eventually

Hi guys. Realise it's not an airport, rather ALA I guess-but if you haven't already, please think about including Bruny Island, Sandfly, Swansea etc in Tas! My folks live in Barnes Bay on Bruny and I always try to buzz them at every opportunity. The little strip on Bruny has given me many a fresh change of undies.. Thanks!

I'm counting the hours!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just a quick Q, once FTX blue is resealed, is that it? will there be no more updates?

eg: say we find an airport that has been... forgotten, would we be able to request it to be looked into? as an update?

cheers;

alex

Hey guys, just a quick Q, once FTX blue is resealed, is that it? will there be no more updates?

eg: say we find an airport that has been... forgotten, would we be able to request it to be looked into? as an update?

cheers;

alex

There will be service packs for all Orbx products, including AU BLUE. Those SP's will include many new features such as new and extended landclass, texture fixes, user reported bug fixes etc. SP's will only be installable by users who have a serial number from their original purchase.

As for the Orbx GA Freeware airport packs, they will start at version 1.00 and Orbx will continue to update them with new content, so never fear about have "only"  50 airports to play with, hehe!

Other that that, Albury and Wagga Wagga are favourites of mine because they were the main airports for the Air Australia vitual airline (when they existed).

Hi Matt,

That sentence brought back some memories...  My Air Australia pilot number was AA 004  :D and I also was one of the first Check Captains.  I remember the first check ride.  It was from Albury to Canberra (I think).  Our initial training was in the training area just out of YMAY.  I would love to redo some of those assignments in FSX, sheesh we have come a long way since then.

Man we had some fun then...  Air Australia, Australia's first VA.  I still keep in touch with Moby and a couple of others.

Mods, apologies for going a bit off topic here.

Cheers,

Archived