New toy over YBCS

Derek McAllan

...aaaaaand here's Part II of my flight today. The flight from Brissy to Cairns was largely uneventful, and the weather had thickened up somewhat as the afternoon progressed. Descent into Cairns airspace through thick cloud was spectacular in the late afternoon light. Enjoy the pics ;)

Posted Image

Descending towards the UPOLO intersection for the UPOLO2P arrival

Posted Image

Hazy dayz

Posted Image

On final, this bird is so much nicer to line up on approach than the iFly version. Chalk and cheese, indeed.

Posted Image

ZOOOOooooooooooom!!!

Posted Image

Bugger. About 5 seconds from touchdown (I'm not joking) a Dash-8 taxied right out onto the runway in front of me and I got the oh-so-lovely "Qantas 101 go around, I repeat go around..." A quick stab at the TO/GA button, punch the LNAV and VNAV buttons and we're away again. Sigh.

Expect heaps more pics of this amazing aircraft, I am definiely enjoying this one (though at the other end of the scale, Ant's Eaglet is also shaping up to be a favourite!!)

Cheers,

Derek

Cracking shots, but don't you hate it when you get within 1 or 2 nms or less of the runway and A1 Traffic plonks an aircraft on the runway. Go around causes irritible bowel syndrome.

Hey Derek,

Thanks for sharing your virtual Toys, beautiful shots BTW, the new rig must really be going great. I live for runway incursions I only wish the Delta wake was simulated so I could look behind to see the result and carnage LOL :D Shot#3 & #5 my favorites.

Cheers Jethro

Archived