240 inches of snow in Alaska

michael63

Really amazing - a great picture!

... when i see pictures such as this one i have to admit: Personally, i really miss the "heavy winters" here... what i am trying to say is: Allthough we have winter here at the moment, there was hardly any snow until now in early january: Even within the Austrian alpine regions there was rarely any snow..., all was almost dried out actually... it got better now, but still an all to mild winter here at the moment.

But therefore i even more enjoy pictures such as this one here!

Thank You very much for sharing Mike!

Funny how the trees don't look like they are standing up in many feet of snow. They look like short trees in just a few inches of snow. Also, aren't they driving on the other side of the street? Maybe not Alaska but I would still feel like Luke Skywalker driving it.

Funny how the trees don't look like they are standing up in many feet of snow. They look like short trees in just a few inches of snow. Also, aren't they driving on the other side of the street? Maybe not Alaska but I would still feel like Luke Skywalker driving it.

I have borrowed the photo from the flyalaskava website and I am pretty sure it is from Alaska. The cars you can see on the wrong side of the road are parked - they probably got stuck in the snow and were parked there by the road service.

Archived