FSX Mesh Issues after NA Install

gsand

Morning,

I have an ongoing problem with mesh and airport elevations after installing NA regions. My rig specs are below and I have FSX Gold and FSG FSX World and North America installed. Scenery settings are Mesh Complexity 100, Mesh Res 5m and Texture Res 7cm. I do install regions one at a time to help with troubleshooting.

Initial FSX and FSG install went fine, no issues anywhere. After installing PNW (patched to 4a) everything was still fine. After installing NRM I have the following issue, this is from Cranbrook CYXC:

Posted Image

Red arrow points to floating runway, which is evident at Glacier Park KGPI as well. It does appear to me to be centered in the CYXC area. Interesting thing is the farther away I get from Cranbrook the less the effect is but the "ditching" effect is still evident everywhere.

So, de-installed all Orbx sceneries and set up to do a flight from KATL and saw this with default scenery:

Posted Image

Almost every airport in FSX has this to varying degrees, even ones in Florida at or just above sea level.

Since this, I have done the following:

-removed FSG, re-installed FSG and everything went back to normal

-installed PNW and everything fine

-installed NRM and it's back

I'm stumped. I have tried everything I can think of, even deleting FSX.cfg and building a new one, and nothing helps. I have not re-installed FSX because I don't believe that will help as I can make it go away by re-installing FSG Mesh. Note that I have cycled FTX Central so many times that I think it may quit on me... ::)

Sorry for the length but wanted to give as much info as possible. I did search the forums but didn't see another post with something like this. Any and all help gratefully accepted.

Hi Gerald,

hmm, very odd. Maybe you've lost some or all of the airport elevation adjustment files in \Scenery\World\scenery. With the ORBX NA regions installed there should be more than 200 ADE_FTX_xxx_xxxx_elevation_adjustment.BGL files in that folder. With FTX Central set to "Default FSX" those files will be renamed to .OFF and then back to .bgl when you reactivate "North America".

Can you check whether that's the case? If they are missing there's a complete set of backups in \FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF.

Having said that, given that even a default airport far outside ORBX coverage (KATL) has display problems makes me wonder whether this is perhaps a general issue with the airport flattens. I've cross-checked KATL on my system with FSG and NRM active and don't see any issues. Do you have any other add-on active at higher display priority than the FTX entries?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the info, sorry for the delay. I was on a business trip this week that just wouldn't end.

I spent some more time this morning installing and removing things and now believe that this is a FSG issue, although it didn't appear that way when I posted. This is a bit of a moving target but today I can make the KATL appear and disappear by removing/installing the FSG North America mesh. This was not the case Tuesday so I'm still investigating.

This can be marked resolved for now until I can figure out what's going on. Thanks, again, for the help. Appreciate the great support here!

Hi Holger,

Update on this and in case someone else runs in to this. I tracked this down to the FSGenesis FSX US East install. Originally I had DVD version 1.1. There is a V2 which I downloaded and problem solved.

Thanks again for the great support here.

Archived