KPAE Strange Ground Texture

cfelix

Hi Charlie,

nope, that's the way our KPAE looks like; it's a photoreal underlay of the airport. In the real world there's probably a retaining wall for the taxiway underpass instead of a slope like we depict it. However, creating vertical surfaces in the sim would require a complex 3D model of the underpass, which was beyond the scope of the PNW region package.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Charlie,

KPAE uses a PR background. What you see is the best I could do to model the underpass, which in reality has vertical concrete sides. It looks weird in the sim because FSX morph's the sides into an angle.

You'll note KPAE is my "home" airport and I've on that underpass any number of times.

Cheers, Neil (the PNW "default" airport guy)

Edit: Seem's Holger and I answered at the same time!!

Thanks for your input. I wasn't too concerned with the underpass slopes but rather with the flat taxiway texture leading to the bridge on either side. Would it be possible to have the apron texture cover the taxiway leading to the bridge on the south side of the underpass and the taxiway in front of the assembly building on the north side? The texture that's there now causes the dirt to fly when you try to taxi on it.

For example:

Posted Image

Archived