Portland cityline disappeared

alnor

Hello! So, i have installed your stunnig portland free cityscape. After that, i bought and installed FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 004 JULY 22ND 2011. And after that, i flought over Portland but ALL BUILDINGS IN DOWNTOWN AREA DISAPPEREADE: non skyscraper, no bridges. I's seems tha your portland scenery is incompatible with.. yours pnw. Someone could help?

Well that is an odd one, Portland cityscape is most definitely compatible with PNW, in fact it was made to be used with PNW

Are you able to post a screenshot of the CBD area? have a look here for an easy way to add a screenshot to your post http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also please check FTXcentral is set to [North America] and while in FSX have a look at the scenery library and check the Portland entry exists

Well that is an odd one, Portland cityscape is most definitely compatible with PNW, in fact it was made to be used with PNW

Are you able to post a screenshot of the CBD area? have a look here for an easy way to add a screenshot to your post http://www.orbxsyste...he-orbx-forums/

Also please check FTXcentral is set to [North America] and while in FSX have a look at the scenery library and check the Portland entry exists

So, here you are a screenshot from downtown Portland. FTX is normally checked, and Portland is corretly put in FSX scenery library.

Posted Image

I can see the photoreal and autogen from Portland cityscape in your image, but not the custom buildings..

So either your missing vital scenery files or they are being suppressed by something, so lets try some things:

1 - Do you have any other 3rd party scenery in this general area?

2 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE\Scenery - check you have 15 x files

3 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE\Texture - check you have 54 x files

4 - Open up FTXcentral, select [Default FSX], press OK, select [North America], press OK... then recheck if that resolves

I can see the photoreal and autogen from Portland cityscape in your image, but not the custom buildings..

So either your missing vital scenery files or they are being suppressed by something, so lets try some things:

1 - Do you have any other 3rd party scenery in this general area?

2 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE\Scenery - check you have 15 x files

3 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE\Texture - check you have 54 x files

4 - Open up FTXcentral, select [Default FSX], press OK, select [North America], press OK... then recheck if that resolves

Well, i checked directoru and i have all 54 and 15 files. I selected default and then north america and it didn't solve problem. I have no 3rd party scenery but UTX. And so, this is very strange: i check portland WITHOUT FTX and ALL BUILDINGS are OK.

Well, i checked directoru and i have all 54 and 15 files. I selected default and then north america and it didn't solve problem. I have no 3rd party scenery but UTX.

Hmmm most odd! let me ponder this one and I'll get back to you

And so, this is very strange: i check portland WITHOUT FTX and ALL BUILDINGS are OK.

when you say this do you mean you un-ticked the PNW entries in the scenery library or you switched FTXcentral to default?

Hmmm most odd! let me ponder this one and I'll get back to you

when you say this do you mean you un-ticked the PNW entries in the scenery library or you switched FTXcentral to default?

buildings disappeared when i switched FTXcentral ON (not default). I turn to see buildings when FTX is off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived