Cumulusnimbus shots from Mornington

falknis

I was driving down Main street Mornington, Vic. yesterday tracking East towards Tyabb and luckily I had the camera in the car and captured this great Cumulusnimbus developing about 12:30, anyway I thought I would share it with you guys.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers :) 

Kinda horrible comparison (great shots btw) it reminds me of watching the towers fall live on air 9/11, thats what the dust looked like when tower 2 fell, amazing how nature can replicate almost anything humans create ( or in that case destroy )

now that is one moment in time I don't think anyone will forget, I remember I was awake at 4:00am in Mornington ready to ride trackwork and for a reason unbeknown to me I switched the TV on and saw all the action unfolding it was absolutey surreal. And I remember breaking the news to everyone at the racetrack. Cheers

surprisingly it was very isolated it missed Mornington but hit Rosebud, thunder lightning and heavy rain while it passed through. It passed through in about 20 minutes and left 11mm of rain. there were a few fronts coming through yesterday and I heard Cranbourne and Somerville also got the best drops of rain. Cheers

Archived