a great day which turned nasty

timmo32

leaving launcestion for melbourne,and the weather becomes cloudy and stormy,this is real weather by the way and we got alot of damage from it,large hail stones,and gail force winds,managed to land safely after 1 hour in a holding pattern.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

manged to touch down at ymml 34,and alot more bad weather on the way

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great shots, the clouds are fantastic and awesome. And the Chrismas Day hailstorms, tornados in fact, have caused widespread damage - and I bet there were plenty of real world airline pilots in holding patterns at that time.

The landing shots also are very real for YMML.

For those overseas I hope you have the Australian Bureau of Meteorology bookmarked, as you can get the real time radar in each capital city, and can follow the passage of these fronts, troughs, highs etc.

And that trough line will be out in the Tasman Sea by tomorrow, so the yachts going south in the Sydney-Hobart race will probably start with a following northerly stream but run into the southerly buster, the wind that makes Bass Strait the shallow sea from hell, and a great churning washing machine. Did it twice but fortunately old age and good sense have intervened. Actually I loved it - a life changing experience.

the weather here today for christmas was very bad,lots of damaged from large hail stones my sisters car got hail damage,i stood out side viewing the lightning,im lost for words when it comes to watching the clouds swirling arround with the wind!

Archived