PAKT screenshot requested

Kilstorm

I've prepaid but away from home until Jan2. Would love to see some screenshot from the PAKT of seabase 8K9, the GA ramp at PAKT (Southeast of the main hangar which are southeast of the terminal) and the Temsco heli-pad & shoreline area.

Would just like to see how the new mesh looks at 8K9 and along the highway there if it helps reduce the cliffs. As far as the Temsco area looking to see area again with the new mesh and if there was any other objects added in that area.

Thanks in advance..cant wait to get my own download that is waiting for me next year! :)

The additional areas around PAKT have recieved only autogen attention at this stage, getting the multi elevation nature of this airport working has taken nearly all my dev time on this project, and making up for the lack of high resolution PR airport surfaces by doing it all from hand made textures. The airport has recieved the bulk of the attention, but a service pack will be released to add additional detail to the township and other POI's

There is a large coverage of PR, so you can fly along the whole coast of the narrows faithfully recreated.

Russ.

Thanks Russ for the info. I know more eye candy comes at a cost in less frames, so in a way I'm happy the initial release is limited to just the airport with PR and better mesh. I'm mostly just interested in seeing how the better mesh might improve some of the cliffs around the shoreline near 8K9 and the Tongass Highway.

I had no idea this is a multi level airrport. Never seen anything like this in flight sim. Must have taken a lot of work. Well done. The approach lights are pretty interesting. Looking forward to the service pack when it's ready.

Dave

Yes indeed it is a new experience! I had to use 50% N1 in my fully loaded NGX to get up the hill. Very cool!

Keep in mind though that in a turbofan powered airplane, 50% N1 probably may be in the neighborhood of15-20% of available thrust and even less in a turbojet.

Archived