Scenery Library not found in NZSI

quadraspleen

Hi there,

Having just digested John Venema's excellent post regarding g3d.dll errors I thought I'd post as I'm having issues with NZSI.

In an effort to stop my previous CTD's I added the scenery library not found entry to my FSX config. Since adding it I have not had a single CTD (honestly) I just click on ok when the message pops up and carry on with my flight.

Imagine my suprise, when flying over my still warm copy of NZSI, the message pops up more times than it has ever done before. Surely, having just installed this new scenery and activating it with FTXC, I am getting messages telling me scenery is missing!

Flight from NZCH to NZNV in a straight line. Landing at NZNV it was popping up every two seconds. Had to save, exit, edit fsx.cfg and continue the landing.

I have the latest libs installed.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

jake eyre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sory for the delay in replying..Been too busy ignoring my family whilst frlying NGX over NZSI!

I'll note down the GUID numbers (the lower one - there are always two - always says 0000000-0000000-00000000-000000 or something very similar with loads of 0's in.

Bug, saw your post. I don't have the same sceneries as you, but when I fly over the Aus SP4 I have, I do get them every 50/100 miles or so, sometimes up to ten in a row, but nothing as bad as that approach to Invercargill.

I'll report back with GUID ID's!

(yes, have the NZSI update and latest libs)

Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Sorry for being a newbie but how can I see if I have NZSI.001 patch or not?

I have looked at the Info but I still don't know.

I have CTDs every time I fly from NZCH to Mt Mary. About 32 miles at 270 from NZAS (Ashburton) CTD whatever Aircraft I use.

The only other scenery I have in the area is Orbx Dunedin.

Any help/ideas please?

Love all the NZ scenery.

Hello,

that post is from 2012, five years ago.

If you want to know which NZ version you have, open FTX Central v3,

click on either of the New Zealand icons and hover your mouse cursor over the white arrow inside the white circle.

If your "CTD" is a simulator crash, please switch off crash detection.

Many thanks for your fast reply.

I did not see the year as I was only searching for CTD in NZSI.

Crash detection is always turned off I'm afraid.

When I reach this area as described, FSX just shuts down to desktop. No errors.

Event viewer suggests a .dll error though I am curious on why the same area every time. Also at FL100 I failed to mention.

I fly all over both the North island and South island without any errors anywhere.

Regards

One other question please.

Was the g3d.dll error ever resolved.

All my searches have me back a few years but still without a resolution.

Any help here please?

Again I apologise for being a newbie but the pleasures far outweigh the problems causing the perseverance.

Regards 

Many thanks again Nick for your reply.

However, I have had FSUIPC4 for some time as it came with PMDG (I think) but I did as you said and installed the latest version.

I have always had collision detection disabled for other reasons.

The CTD still applies at approx 3nm south of N222 in the Orbx NZSI.

I have flown down both West and East of this location without any problem.

This morning I placed a AS350 helicopter at the airport N222 Ashwick Flat and flew due south went to about 3000ft and bang, CTD.

The only thing now I can think of if its possible there may be a default layer for the area residing in World?

I only found this error by flying a PMDG738 fron NZCH to NZQN via Mount Mary NDB.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this problem.

I can live with it I guess but it is annoying not knowing what causes it.

Regards

Archived