74S Anacortes taxiway sign

marith

Hi. I have noticed that at 74S Anacortes airport, whilst taxing to runway 18, the taxiway sign next to the hold marking is showing 36, not 18. I haven't noticed that before as in the past I have taken off from runway 36.

Also, whilst panning around whilst parked at Parking 1 I spotted a windsock (not attached to anything) stuck inside the San Juan Airlines Maintenance building, although it isn't visible from the outside of the building.

The above issues aren't actually causing me any problems, apart from the taxiway sign confusing me at first as I thought I had taxied to the wrong runway, lol.

Does anyone else see the same or am I the only one, therefore indicating I have a scenery conflict somewhere. If they are issues for everyone, I thought I would highlight them in case you decide to patch this airport at a future date.

By the way, Anacortes is fantastic scenery.

Thanks, Martin

G'day Martin,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the scenery. I have to admit (rather embrassingly), that the Rwy18 sign issue is a fairly obvious mistake on my end, that somehow sneaked through the development cycle unnoticed. Nice work in picking it up - I'll be sure to fix it when I make a SP for 74S.

Regarding the windsock, yes what you see is as it should be. A quirk of the FSX scenery engine dictates that a windsock will only display correctly when there is another within viewing distance - each developer has their own way of quietly slipping "ghost" windsocks where necessary, this is my preferred method.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad, thanks for your reply.

No worries about the Rwy18 sign. It's good to know that it isn't a problem at my end.

Interesting about the windsock. Where would we be without the FSX quirks, lol. At least we know that San Juan have a spare windsock in their maintenance hanger in case the other one gets blown away in a strong gale :).

I really do enjoy flying around Anacortes. It has interesting and detailed scenery with good performance. It is also fun flying under the Deception Pass bridge. You've done a great job.

Thanks, Martin.

Archived