KORS People Flow and Vehicle Traffic

Jarm

No movement of either people or ground traffic after installing KORS, KORS 1.1 patch, and ensuring all options are ticked in KORS control panel. I also have my FSX settings as recommended. Please help.

I should have mentioned that I have the latest library files also. Since my initial post, I tried changing FTX central setting back to default, started FSX, closed FSX, changed FTX central setting back to NA PNW scenery, and restarted FSX. I now have the ground traffic, but the people are still standing there like dummies. lol. I'll keep working on the issue and check back to see if someone else had the same problem and has a fix. I expect it's a very simple fix...and I may be the real dummy.

Thanks

At the support page under the Orbx Libraries 111207 there are two important comments

- You should always install the Orbx Libraries LAST. This makes sure the latest versions of our objects appear in your FTX regions and airports

- If you have purchased a new airport, check the Obrxlibs version in the installer text. If it's the same as this version, you don't neeed to install this

I have version 111207 libraries installed (prior) to the purchase and installation of KORS. I interpreted the second comment above to mean that since I had the latest version of Orbx Libraries, I would not need to re-install it for KORS. So is the comment incorrect or am I interpreting it incorrectly?

I appreciate the help from you guys.

Okay, Walter. I re-installed Libraries 111207...and the people are moving now. But either, I'm reading and misunderstanding the comments at the support page...or that one line of instruction needs to be revised. It currently states:

"If you have purchased a new airport, check the Obrxlibs version in the installer text. If it's the same as this version, you don't need to install this"

Since, I did have 111207 installed, and it is the same version as the current Orbx Libraries download at the Support page, it seemed to me I would not need to install it again. Anyway....all's well that ends well.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Jarm,

When an airport is released it is released with the current Orbxlibs at that time, so if it was an older airport it will set your Orbxlibs back to an older version, possibly pre-peopleflow, so that's why we always say install the latest Orbxlibs after any airport installation

The note on the website says to look at the Orbxlibs version in the airport installer window and if the version provided with the airport is same as the current version of Orbxlibs then you are not required to install them again (though it never hurts to reinstall the Orbxlibs)

hope that explains a little!

Cheers

Tim

Tim, thanks for that response. And I did figure it out...finally (getting a little slow in my old age). Everything is almost back to normal with the scenery. However, I now find that buildings are missing sometimes at KHQM. I have to shut down FSX and open FTX central and apply the PNW scenery to get all the buildings at KHQM to show. Wondering if I need to re-install the patch? I'll give that a try if the problem persist.

Hello, Wolter. I did switch FTX Central to default, and apply and then back to NA as you suggested. That didn't resolve the issue. Next, I reinstalled KHQM and the buildings (all scenery objects appeared). After checking that out, I switched to KORS and confirmed all structures were displaying properly, then changed airports back to KHQM and found that Lana's Cafe, the trailer office, and the terminal building were missing. I've tried this several times with same results. The problems began after I installed KORS scenery. Until that time, KHQM was fine. I should add I have the patches applied and reinstalled the current libraries. I'll just have to keep working this issue and since it now seems to be solely with missing structures at KHQM (freeware), I'll post on the Freeware scenery support forum.

Again, thanks for the help.

Archived