Beautiful er... er... PNW...?

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

Decided to take the 737NGX for a flight: it's been a while and the new update that was released yesterday made me decide to park the Katana for a day.

Things really look different from up here... specially when you are used to flying (very) low and slow...! This here should be beautitul er... er... PNW, I guess...?

Posted Image

Aaaaaah, yes, PNW it is! Good old Portland. I passed this airport yesterday during a flight with the Katana. Looked totally different then... almost as if it was a completely different sim!

Posted Image

Great shots: The PNW that many people know and refuse to admit is endless wet and cloudy weather, which means that flying is confined to either puddlejumpers like the Katana or IFR. Just no in between except on the day they give summet... but rarely a whole day!

J; you mention an update for the NGX. I searched both the iFly and PMDG forum for a recent update and couldn't find one in either place. PMDG put one out in October I think to fix a handful of urgent bugs, and I know that Steve Masson and the folks over at iFly have got their Feature Pack close to beta.

If you have more up-to-date info I would be grateful .... or is it one of the others such as the Ariane?,

Guest J van E

J; you mention an update for the NGX. I searched both the iFly and PMDG forum for a recent update and couldn't find one in either place. PMDG put one out in October I think to fix a handful of urgent bugs, and I know that Steve Masson and the folks over at iFly have got their Feature Pack close to beta.

If you have more up-to-date info I would be grateful .... or is it one of the others such as the Ariane?,

First sticky post in the PMDG 737NGX forum... ;)

Weekend Update 09DEC11: NGX SP1b Updates Available

The downloads are at the bottom of the opening post.

2 real wonderful captures here - and indeed: low and slow is without doubts most brilliant in my opinion as long as there are ORBX sceneries available - but: flying all above the clouds is a great joy as well - so: Once again: A real great set here Jeroen!

Guest J van E

no.2 is breathtaking

Regards Tom

Great pics Jeroen. I like No 2 also.

Seeing it all in motion is even better...! ;) Sitting in the cockpit of the 737NGX during that approach made me feel... mighty, powerful, king of the world... :P There is something special to controlling that mighty plane and having it autoland while you look outside over that beautiful scenery... The 737NGX offers a very panoramic view, accentuated by the windows. From the VC of the Katana you can see more, but somehow the size of the 737NGX makes everything look more... majestic. It's absolutely awesome. I have to add that ASE (and REX) also play a important part in the theatrical and almost religious experience... :P I've been flying for ages with clear weather, but since a few months I just can't get enough of that moody, cloudy weather. I have ASE forced to sim time and usually fly in May 2011: the weather was great that month! ;)

I have to say though that performance was a bit struggling there with my ultra high settings, but it still was very flyable. I really have to have extremely dense autogen to make it this immersive... ;)

Archived