Morning at Jandakot

Derek McAllan

G'day all,

Took a quick flight around Jandakot and up the coast this morning, just a couple of quick screenies. Departed Runway 6L in one of the Royal Aero Club of WA's lovely little C152 Aerobats and made a leisurely turn out to Fremantle before flying up the coast to Floreat and back down to Cockburn before a straightforward landing back on the departure runway.

Posted Image

Preflight outside the Aero Club.

Posted Image

The great little Aero Club repaint from ORBX, get it here.

Oh, did I forget to mention? This WASN'T in FSX!!! Had my first flight lesson today, as a fantastic birthday gift from my beautiful wife. I was even more stoked than I would have been, because when my instructor led me out to the plane, it was VH-RWY... the very aircraft modelled in the ORBX freeware HD repaint for Carenado's C152, that I practice my circuits in around ORBX Jandakot!!! You can't see the tail number in the pic, but I do have the certificate to prove it :lol: Unfortunately, I was so excited during the flight, I forgot I had my camera and didn't take a single pic while flying. Had a ball anyway, and I look forward to having another go soon.

Posted Image

I do have to say, Jarrad's Jandakot is extremely accurate, I was able to locate myself and pick out landmarks during the flight and on approach with ease.

Cheers all,

Derek

Awesome pictures and great photo. I actually thought the first picture (Preflight) was a photo at first, the Orbx scenery being that good.

Congratulations on having your first flight lesson. I can still remember mine even though it was some time ago. A great experience. You're also very lucky to get your first flight in VH-RWY :).

Nice screenies, and kudos to whoever took the last real photo. Very well composed and light and colours captured very well!

Thanks Dean, that was actually my instructor, Chris, taken on my extremely cheap little Kodak M531. A $120 camera that takes FAR better shots than my $1200 Olympus DSLR, more's the pity ::)

Cheers,

Derek

Archived