This is a legit comment from someone..

dmrich28

So I haven't checked on my Flickr account in ages but found this funny. This is a note I got from someone that liked one of my pictures I took. ( I'll have to dig for it and find which one she is talking about)

Yalata Airstrip photo

Hello,

My name is Susie Surtees and I live in regional Victoria. I lived and worked at Yalata for two years from 2005 to 2007 and have now returned to work as a freelance writer, editor, photographer and graphic designer. I am currently working on an oral history book about Yalata mob. I found your wonderful aerial photo of the airstrip there, and I would very much like to use it, fully credited, of course, with your name. When it is released in about a year the book will be sold at Head of Bight, Ceduna, and by mail order from the community with all profits returning to the community. I have just a small grant to complete the project. I am wondering if you would be interested in having your photo included in the book, and whether - if the answer is yes - you would be able to email me the highest resolution version you have of it. Naturally, I can guarantee that the photo will not be used for any other purpose. If you are at all interested, my email address is scheherezade at bigpond.com.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Susie

I didn't have the heart to reply and tell her it was a picture from a flight simulator game. Well John and guys..looks like ya fooled at least one person. :)

Thought I'd share that with everyone.

Dave

Hi Dave,

welcome to the club ;-) About two years ago I was called by some website design company that wanted to use one of my "airphotos" of Metlakatla, Alaska, for the new community website -- and that "photo" was a fuzzy screenshot from the FS9 version of Misty Fjords! So I sent them a better version and told them how it was generated and they didn't seem to care. Don't know whether I made it into the final product but I thought it was both funny and satisfying.

Cheers, Holger

Did a search for the pic she may have been talking about (Yalata) and this is the only one that matched I could find. It's from 2008 and hmm...I don't like it too much (hate the horizon) compared to so many others I have. It is in one of fave "get around" planes though. :)

Posted Image

Archived