Big complicated mess on my hands for pacific north west airports

pkofman

I installed the FTX demo for the PNW, now unfortunately I have trees and cities sitting where my runways should be located. I only have this issue at locations in the PNW , all other fsx airports are working as they should

I tried to clean this up by removing ftx but I cant seem to sort this out. What is the best way to ensure that all ftx is removed and that remnants in the scenery lib are removed

Although I uninstalled all of the entries from scenery lib, the scenery.cfg and from within the mytrafficx scenery viewer. I still have a mess with respect to the pacific north west

I suppose my question is . can I delete the scenery.cfg file and will it rebuild itself with currently installed product in the same fashion as how we can rebuild the fsx.cfg file, maybe this will give me a clean scenery file. Perhaps I should reinstall the PNW demo and remove it so that I can get back to a clean slate

Thoughts.

Peter

i7 965 3.2 @4.2

fsx 1,2, accel

mytraffic

pmdg

rex wx

Ok thank you for pointing this out. I perhaps posted in the wrong place. What I did was downloaded the demo for the PNW to see how it would work on my fsx build and I ended up in a bit of a mess so I came here for some advice. ( hence no order number )

Please point me to the appropriate resource or forum so I can try to sort out my issues

Thank you

Peter Kofman

p.kofman@projectcore.com

Hi Peter,

I've moved your post to the freeware support section.

Have you seen this thread? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/20243-uninstalling-the-ftx-pacific-northwest-demo-use-this-uninstaller-application/ You can run the application and it should remove any remaining traces of the PNW demo. If not re-install the demo and then run the uninstaller.

"Refreshing" the scenery.cfg file works like the fsx.cfg file. If you delete the current scenery.cfg file FSX will simply use the default version. That's probably not what you want though because it means you've lost all custom entries. In any case, our uninstaller app should do the trick.

Cheers, Holgr

Archived