PNW Ground Texture Issues at Night

WilliamJSS

Just wondering if this is the norm for night textures. Please excuse the gamma modification, but the original was way too dark to see anything, but in game, when looking at the ground at night, it looks like this pattern...very rough, very lego look with colors not blended.

Is this normal? Because during the day, it is nothing like this at all...FSX limitation? Or a setup issue on my end?

Posted Image

I won't give you any advice on that as I have similar problem but not as bad as this . My problem is more with night sky and I was trying to google why and find few people have same problem and refering lcd can't display enought black

so I am a bit confuse . To what I have read the older CRT is better for displaying night texture . My night texture sometimes looks like you set monitor on old 16 coloures ,but with me only happend at cruise and only when clouds visible other then that I would say when looking at the grass around taxiways . However not that bad as yours perhaps try graphic drivers or change screen resolution . Sorry not much of the help hope you fix it soon as taxing on ftx airport just a pleasure .

Sorry for not including basic info on my rig.

Win 7 64

21.5" LCD monitors, x3

i3-530 @3.2GHZ

XFX Radeon 5770

3gigs DDR3 1333MHZ ram

Settings, are all pretty much turned all to the right except for AutoGen + AutoGen Complex (Both at Very Dense)

Mesh Resolution are at 1m,

Here are a couple more shots, and sorry, but just to inform again in case there is a question, the washed out look of the picture above was me on purpose playing with the gama due to darkness, what I was trying to point attention to was the actual ground textures.

Again, these are beautiful during the day, but at night, it turns to a mess that I just don't like at all and makes me not even want to fly then.

Here are two more, not as bad, as it is completely not dark yet, but you will get what I am saying, it gets worse,,,,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived