FSX loads to plane selection, then flight loads but invisible?!

alexf

FSX loads normally. Plane/flight selection screen works as usual. Upon loading, the progress bar is slow but works. Finally everything loads but it is not visible. Program is running and I can hear sounds, but cannot see it.

Used to work just fine until recently.

ALT-TAB allows me to tab to it but still invisible. Have to exape and it asks if I want to close, normally as it is running. Go figure.

Windows 7 x64

Any ideas?

Alex

@Wolter Van der Spoel - Wolter - Just out of interest as I am using the MSI Afterburner Progie to increase my Vid card fan speeds and nothing else, what are the problems with this program as far as FSX functionality that you have noticed.

Could you elaborate without hijacking alex's thread

Cheers Jethro

Hi Alex,

good to hear you got it solved :)

@Jethro7

As for the MSI Afterburner with the enb tweak for one reason or another they don't seem to cope with eachother,

with Afterburner running when swithing with Shift+F12 you get all kind of wierd issues, uninstalling the Afterburner cleared that.

@Wolter Van der Spoel -

Thankyou Wolter, appreciate the info there hadn't noticed anything strange happening with my setup with these two programs running, but of course I leave the ENB on all the time never thought to use Shift+F12 to switch it off, I love the lighting effect too much. As for MSI Afterburner it will have to remain because the Gigabyte Video card that I have is stock at 40% fan with no Gigabyte utilities to increase the fan speed but MSI came to the rescue with Afterburner, that can progressively increase fan speed as nessesary or map new temp and speed to suit . This is a real bonus for me as the tech support from Gigabyte suggested that it was an unsupported function and I would have to settle with a 40% fan speed as set by the manufacturer. I would have liked to give Precision a try also but unfortunately its only available to EVGA customers and is only supported on their Hardware as far as I can gather.

Cheers Jethro

Archived