TrackIR

chumley

This is probably known already by many but I would guess not by all so I thought I would share.

It comes from my desire to have the functionality of F12 and F9 actions (Centering and Pausing) at my fingertips rather than having to find the keys on the keyboard at critical moments in the flight cycle and after I found some problems using FSUIPC to program a joystick button.

I went Pete Dowson's FSUIPC forum and found he had joined in on a thread expressing his inability to do the same thing. I immediately felt some relief that I was in very good company.  ;)

The answer appears to have come directly from the developer of TrackIR - Natural Point - and is copied from the thread and reproduced below for information:

"NaturalPoint_Vince wrote:

You can change the key that you use to recenter to anything you like (within the TrackIR profiles). I usually change them to a joystick button, so I don't have to use the f12 key for centering"

I now have the F12 and F9 at my fingertips and all I have to do now is learn to fly the darn planes better.

Hope this helps.

Aybe

Just a question, why would you bother using FSUPIC to do something as relatively simple as that .  It is a keystroke like many other keyboard command.  One of the simple methods is a utility called Joy2Key. 

Well pardon me as I was not trying to be a smart alec. I just asked the question, 

Using DirectX connection you might be able to map it directly to a joystick button  without the need for Joy2Key but I'm not sure on this, many Controller's like Logitec will allow Direct Connect so this might be an option.

Well pardon me as I was not trying to be a smart alec. I just asked the question, 

Using DirectX connection you might be able to map it directly to a joystick button  without the need for Joy2Key but I'm not sure on this, many Controller's like Logitec will allow Direct Connect so this might be an option.

Hey

My apologies Maurice - I read your comments and not being in a good frame of mind (literally a bad day at the office) took them the wrong way. In the cool light of a new day and after re-reading the thread I realise this to be the case.

I was so pleased to find a simple outcome after not being happy that TrackIR appeared not to want to play with keyboard command assignments through FSUIPC that I wanted to share.

I recognise there are many who come here with much more to offer than I and I feel I present myself on these forums with more questions than I able to provide answers and simply wanted to tick off one of many debts.

Thanks

Aybe

Apology accepted old son , I think we are all guilty from time to time of misinterpreting things and I was possibly a mite abrupt in some eyes too,

Not a problem I hope some of the answers here will help you get it sorted.

Archived