Compliments and some suggestions

dave302

I want to take this opportunity to compliment the orbx team on their fine work, as well as offer a couple of suggestions for future development.  I haven't purchased the region packs yet (definitely plan to), but the screenshots and videos I've seen are stunning.  I've been a flightsimmer since the mid 80s and for years have hoped that some developer would actually tackle creating custom landclass, textures, autogen, roads, water features, etc. for specific areas.  You guys have actually gone even further than this with the freeware airports and ai traffic that you offer.  I'm really looking forward to getting all your region packs.

Now for the suggestions.  I'm from the U.S., so I'm obviously biased in that I'd like to see region packs for the U.S. once Australia is completed.  However, I'd also be happy if Europe gets developed first.  I suggest that perhaps a compromise solution would work best, i.e. a U.S. region followed by a European region, then another U.S., etc.  I also hope that you eventually decide to cover most of the world.

Would I be correct in saying that developing packs for the U.S. and Europe would go a bit faster than the ones for Australia since UTX already provides water features, roads, urban landclass, etc.?  In this case you'd only need to develop the textures, rural landclass and autogen.  This assumes, of course, that everyone uses UTX.  Anyhow, regardless of whether this is the case, I hope you decide to forge full steam ahead with region pack development for the U.S. and Europe.  I'm certainly no marketing expert, but I also suggest that you'd attract the most customers if you go this route.   

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums dave,

Firstly Orbx use a complete solution approach to their FTX regions, therefore no integration with other 3rd party landclass addons is required! (FTX blows the other available addons out of the water anyway)

Secondly, AU GREEN and AU RED are due for release in the coming months, these will finish the Australian coverage. After that the next planed region is US BLUE (paciffic north west) so hold in there mate, FTX is coming to your shores.

World coverage is the ultimate goal, but as you can appreciate it is a long process, expected to take several years! and of course the continuation of this development requires financial sustainability, so if you want the US covered in FTX glory, support the team now and "join the revolution"  ;)

Cheers,

Russ.

Archived