A Throttle Quadrant

So I've already made my choice to go with the Siatek Cessna Yoke and Rudder pedals, but I'm also eyeing a throttle quadrant too. I know that the Cessna Yoke has a quadrant, but I'm looking for something that had room for four throttles (so I can do two or three for the 737, 757, 767, and 777 and three for the MD-11), and maybe the spoiler arm. There's a few things out there, and I know what can be done with programming; however, I'm also keen on having reverse thrust levers present too, since the F2 key isn't always in teh best spot, and I'd like better control over how much reverse is added. So I'd liek to see what you guys are using, and what you like. Thanks for your input!

Happy Veteran's Day!

could always just get 1 or 2 more Saitek quadrants... they sell them individually as separate USB 3 lever quadrants and all the levers have changeable knobs/handles. Best of all, they are exactly the same dimensions as the one that comes with the yoke, so you can put them together with no gap or change in size.

That's what I did anyway... the quadrant that came with the yoke, an extra quadrant, and I also got the Trim Wheel which is also identical in dimensions and they all look great together.

Well, I've had two of the Saitek quadrants, and they don't last. The pots are not the right sort for a rotary input like a lever. They just seem to wear out around a year or so. Instead of buying yet another one recently when the last one wore out, I got the CH quadrant. Haven't had it long, but if it's as bulletproof as the CH pedals I have, then I shouldn't have to get another one. Google Saitek Throttle Quadrant and you'll find tons of info out there about this problem.

That said, people are saying that the TQ that comes with the Cessna set feel differently than the older one that looks the same. So maybe they upgraded.

If you are after 737 TQs, these must be close to top dog
/>http://shop.revolution-simproducts.com/category.php?id_category=5

But after you've fallen off you chair, then these look pretty good. I've got a unit on order
/>http://www.throttletek.com/

Cheers

Peter

Well I've had both Saitek & CH Throttles & I found with the CH unit after some time the reverse thrust detent wore out & to fix it for a while required opening it up & tightening a couple of screws. This was only a temporary fix unfortunately as the problem soon returned.

Iv'e had three Saitek Throttles for a number of years now & only one of those recently started to lose a bit of it's smoothness & began spiking slightly.

I guess you have to be lucky, as none of these products is bullet proof but to me the Saitek felt & looked much more like the real thing than the CH.

I'm currently having fun & games with my Saitek Switch Panel, which after years of use the computer no longer recognizes. I have a multi boot system with WinXP 32bit, Win7 32Bit & a very recent addition of a Win7 64bit system which I intended to use for FSX. None of these builds recognized the Switch panel however is fine with all my other USB hardware.

I sent the Switch Panel away to be fixed however it turns out there is nothing wrong with it. Just doesn't run in my computer any more. Weird!! Still trying to resolve the issue.

I've used the GoFlight throttle for a number of years now and it still feels like new. Instead of throttle detents it has seperate levers for thrust reverse. The only 2 downsides are you cant modulate reverse thrust (its either full reverse or none at all) and the price of the unit to begin with.

Swapping levers is a cinch, just pull a lever out and replace (or leave blank) and edit the axis within the goflight software.

Wade

Archived