AU-NZ flights

Frank .A

Probably in January next year, I'll be getting NZSI and the Carenado C337, and as you may have guessed in the title, I'll be trying to fly from AU-NZ in it. The C337 has a range of 1200km, which is not enough to go all the way, so I'll stop at Lord Howe to get refuelled, but when I leave, 1200km will still not be enogh to get to the South Island, so, I'd like to know if there's any airstrips between Lord Howe and NZ so I'll make it to NZ without having to conduct an emergency water landing and get stranded 500km from NZ!!!

NGX is no problem at all. In fact QANTAS and Virgin fly the 737 between Australia and New Zealand multiple times a day. ANZ flies the 767 and A320 on its Tasman routes and Jetstar uses A320's as well.

In the south island the flights are out of Christchurch. In the north island there are flights out of Wellington and Auckland. I live next to Wellington Airport and see those NGX's all the time.

If you are flying the QANTAS NGX be sure to use the JetConnect repaint (The QANTAS plane with the New Zealand registry and flag).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetconnect

Cheers :D

NGX is no problem at all. In fact QANTAS and Virgin fly the 737 between Australia and New Zealand multiple times a day. ANZ flies the 767 and A320 on its Tasman routes and Jetstar uses A320's as well.

In the south island the flights are out of Christchurch. In the north island there are flights out of Wellington and Auckland. I live next to Wellington Airport and see those NGX's all the time.

If you are flying the QANTAS NGX be sure to use the JetConnect repaint (The QANTAS plane with the New Zealand registry and flag).

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Jetconnect

Cheers :D

Qtown and Dunedin as well

And Palmy North too: I'm sure Freedom flew out of there years ago although the service didn't last long.

The J-41 shouldn't need the Lord Howe stop. YBBN-YSNF (1950m runway)-NZKK (1190m) or NZKT (1402m) (could probably even make Auckland, but where's the fun in that?)

Mike

Archived