Westpac Helicopter - the Eurocopter Dauphin N2

mmglads

Westpac Dauphin N2

Posted Image

There was a Westpac helicopter support day in Lismore yesterday, to raise funds for this excellent cause. We live close to the 'copter base, & it occurred to me that there have been no Westpac helicopter repaints since the one for FS9 - and that was a few years ago. Anyone know of a good FSX Dauphin model? I spoke to the admin section at Westpac yesterday, & they are more than happy for me to come along with my hi-res camera & take photographs for a repaint, anything to raise the profile for them. I have a little more time on my hands soon, & it's something I'd like to have a go at, as I've got all the Paint Shop Pro tutorials & have had a little "play around" with painting recently. So if anyone can steer me to a good payware model, I'd be much obliged - can't seem to find any freeware ones at the moment. Here's a link to their site, if you're interested. http://www.helirescue.com.au/ Cheers!

I had the pleasure of doing the HUET course led by the Lismore crew. For anyone who flies regularly in choppers over water I heartily recommend doing HUET - one day it may save your life. For anyone in need of a HUET course I can recommend approaching Lismore. They have a great sim setup for both HUET and winching.

A great bunch of fellas - they do one hell of a job!

Archived