YMML Terminal Area Lights

Peter Stark

Hi all,

I have just installed YMML (wow!) and it is working really well, but I do note that the lights on the lightpoles appear to run 24 hours a day both airside and street side. The screen shots I have seen show daytime shots with no lights on (as you would expect).

Have I screwed something up?! Can I switch them off during daylight somehow?

Cheers

Peter

AU Blue 5309

AU Gold 6626

YMML 9318

That is odd, As the effect is coded to run Dusk, Night and Dawn.

Are you running DX 10 which is known to do funny things with effects?

Try changing a setting on the FTX lights tweaker as the Ramp lights and FTX street lights share the same effect, also try turning FTX Mode off and then on again.

Just a further question re the terminal lights - they appear to illuminate the parking area bays, but not the planes parked in them, which looks a bit odd in night view on my installation.

I'm not sure if this is how it's meant to be or if my installation is missing something.

Awesome airport guys - I've spent many hours flying around it, over it, to it, from it, and just sitting there watching all the goings on.  Cannot get enough of it!!

Well done and cheers ...

Tom, the unlit aircraft at night really annoys me too, but I'm afraid that's an FSX limitation - no light can be cast on objects in the sim. I sure hope this is addressed in FS11, because like you, I think black aircraft in a lit apron looks very fake too.

There is no way to illuminate AI or user aircraft. What you see is just apron and buildings painted to look like they are illuminated by the lights.

In FS everything has a day paint and a night paint and that determines how it will display. Thus Aircrafts night paint is for when they are flying and not at the airport.

Hopefullly FSXI will add that possibility but don't hold your breath.

Archived