Floating houses

sobor

Hi Rob,

that's an unfortunate and well-known issue with FSX. It seems that the terrain engine sometimes gets confused regarding the actual ground elevation and places a block of autogen houses in the air. There's no method that I'm aware of to avoid it. However, if you force a scenery refresh in mid-flight it will typically put the floating houses back on the ground. One can associate a keystoke combination with the Refresh Scenery option (I use Ctrl-Shift-S) so you don't have to open any menus.

Cheers, Holger

• 1 year later...

I have a scenery Mesh problem at CYXS Prince George. Also the runway 33 is missing the correct turn around.

when I turn FTX off and use CYXS.ZIP it is correct. I can go to airport CYQZ Quesnel, everything is correct

Could someone go to CYXS and see if the MESH is correct, i get deep banks off the taxiways etc.

Ernie Leboe

Hi Ernie,

I've just checked CYXS and don't see any mesh issues. Looks like you have another add-on interfering with our version, which could be due to the fact that we changed the elevation at CYXS to better match our high-resolution terrain data.

I did, however, notice that RWY 33 seems to have been extended recently and a larger turn-around area added. I've made a note to include this change in the next NRM service pack.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: in the future, rather than tagging onto someone else's thread, please start your own support thread, especially if the issue is in different locations.

Archived