Above Average

shaneo17

Gday everyone

Getting a new pc this week, q9550 quad 2.8GHz, GTX280, 4Gb RAM. While observing AI out of boredom this afternoon, I took this screenshot, and thought to myself....bloody hell! If FTX can look this good on a Pentium 4 3GHz, 1Gb RAM and a 7900GTX, imagine what it will look like on my new PC!!!  :o;D

Posted Image

Taken just after takeoff from YPAD, Rwy 23.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

Those are actually the same specs I have. (picked up the new machine mid Nov)

Its true. Even on this fairly up to date machine, I'm getting disappoinitng results/fps.

The tweaking tip sounds pretty necessary at this stage...just a question of what & how???? 

I'm normally getting 15fps (just to see what would happen, I lowered all settings and I only get 28fps!?!?!?!  :-(

p.s  I use Vista Ultimate, defrag/smart defrag, disk cleanup, end it all,  registry mechanic, game shadow but still get poor results.

Would nHancer make the difference??????

Cheers + Happy New Year!  :-)

hi N.J.,

without knowing exactly wich specs and vidcard and OS (is it 32 or 64 ? ) it's more a bit of a guess as to what one would or should do to improve things, alltough one of the mayor causes of poor performance are:

to much processes running in the background (Ctrl+Alt+Delete to see 'm)

no dedicated SoundCard

VideoCard

Sliders to high to system capabilities

nHancer will improve things within limitations of your Graphical hardware

Tweaks as recommended here

Hi

Im running the same specs

Enhancer does help, just make sure you get the graphics card to co the work and not the other way around.

Ive found that I can run the comupter ok all day overclocked to 3.01 ghz. Up your multiplier to x15 for 3.01ghz or 15.5 for 3.1ghz althougth at that speed I was getting blue screens after a while. Also increase your core voltage to 1.376v. In AMD boost increase your core efficiency by 2 percent. Im running 4 gig ram at 800hz. That will be the next thing to change. You will find the pc will blow any other game or app away but because the way fsx is written (old School) the computer has to take most of the burden and not the graphics card. Oh I also use a second gracphics card (dosnt have to be the same as your main card) to run physx. You will need nvideas latest drivers for this though as it has only just been implemented. Make sure you have a decent fan on your cpu as the normal one supplied by AMD is not the best. I hope this helps and if you can get better id love you to share your settings as well.  ;D

Ken

Archived