Plane crashes into ferris wheel in NSW

Matthew Kane

• 1 month later...

that bloke is lucky no one got hurt... coulda been a "fly by night flight training op" who fooled him into thinking he was a pilot, although I dont have a hard time believing that people are capable of such acts as faking pilot status ,....Hell I do it almost every day on fsx but I bet if I was to try a real plane I would need a change og undergarments ...!

Actually it was a little town called old bar small seaside village with a grass runway running beside the local caravan park suprising this airstrip was once used as a refueling stop for the likes of a famous australian pilot called kingsford smith and many others dosent see much traffic other than the local rev heads my old home town many years ago now.

Some of the pictures of the wreckage looks like the build quality of the aircraft leaves a lot to be desired too not that that contributes to the accident. I lack understanding how having done a touch and go he "did not see it". While the carnival people probably have no idea about aviation; the placement of the Ferris wheel leaves a lot to be desired too. Perhaps too if the person (can't be called a pilot) fly the craft got permission to land (not to land?) perhaps he would have been better informed of the obstacles?

Archived