They don't last forever

tennyson

I just bought a new Saitek throttle quadrant and yoke to replace my existing units. As well, I uptraded to a new set of the saitek pro pedals.

I have had the old ones for quite some time and am retiring them to an old mate who has done some work for me on my sim. He will no doubt still get many years of enjoyment from them.

They have been a very faithful accessory and apart from the pots getting a bit flaky, they still work like new.

All the same, it's nice to sit in the seat of the PMDG 737 and know that everything is gonna work like a dream.

Frank

I had to replace my Saitek Throttles as mine went (pots), I would love to have Saitek or others develop a Throttle Quadrant that has the same fluid movement as my built throttle on the Logitech Extreme 3D pro, it's almost fluid damped and very accurate, the Saiteks still feel a little cheap in the way they are constructed! ::)

I am saving up to replace my CH Eclipse yoke and throttle with Saitek yoke and 3 additional qaudrants. I find I do not really like CH, I will keep the yoke as a spaere and my leave the throttles hooked up to use the buttons at least

Yeah, unfortunately the Saitek look really nice and while they're working, fine.

But pull one apart and you will find that the throttle segments are sealed units, so you can't clean them in any way. They are also made from plastic and do not look all that durable.

I have been re-engineering the throttle quadrant that I bought from VRAircraft last year and it's beautifully engineered and manufactured, but it cost a lot more than the Saitek one.

It will be a delight to use in my cockpit, when it's finally up and running,

Frank

Way too epensive for me till I win Tatts! I might stretch if they did a four engine throttle unit for the old recips. OTOH if I win Tatts, it'd do my PPL with taildragger and night VFR (couldn't pass the class one medical now) and go buy a Cessna 195!

Archived