Comparing Shade..

Tim Harris

Have been following its development here in the UK. There have been many published BETA shots over the months. Glad to see it has achieved RC1 status. It comes into its own with ground shadows etc. for which it was primarily developed...just bought myself a copy.

That looks very nice and something I would really like to try..

I may have missed something here but what is this app?... where can I purchase this from?

Many thanks

Sorry, Im an idiot.... just seen the other post about this..

Just got up this side of the globe.... yyyaaawwn

Excellent comparison shots Tim 8)

That looks very nice although I think you will see most difference at lower altitudes. Thanks for sharing!

It depends on the terrain somewhat... where it's particularly rugged getting some decent altitude will really help to describe the mesh, particularly when the sun is lower in the sky.

A deep-winter landscape looks amazing when you create a deep blue shadow.... and if you wish you can take it the other way and make everything lighter, by reducing the depth of the shades used.

Perfect, thanks Tim 8) . Say, can you launch it with FSX Go ? I remember to read somewhere that it might not be possible.

If you use the 'Shade_NL' exe, you can inject the values without starting FSX, which allows you to use any other app to launch it, retaining the Shade values.

Archived