Fall City Area - Animated Water Fall Problem

stiletto2

This is my first ever post in the support forum but I have a repeatable problem on my system.......maybe ORBX can help.

If i depart Fall City for Snoqualmie Falls, the waterfall looks very nice and animated...I am talking about the waterfall behind the mist.

However, If I depart for Fall City from an airport a distance away....say Renton Municipal, the mist is still being generarted but the animated waterall is missing. Here are two pics:

Pic taken after departing Fall City:

Posted Image

Pic taken after departing Renton:

Posted Image

The missing animated falls also happens if I fly from Fall City past an animated waterfall up through Snoqualmie Pass and then back where I discover the animated fall is again missing.

Basically it seems that once I get beyond the point where the FSX engine is generating the falls animation, it does not put it back again when I get closer. The mist, however, is always present. So you have to look carefully to notice that the animated falls behind the mist is missing. The only way I can get the animated falls back is to restart FSX and then fly to it from someplace close.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Stiletto2

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response. Thought maybe I was the only one but if this is just part of the quirky FSX engine then no problem. You have to look close anyway to really notice it. I can live with it. The Fall City scenery is really superb! I probably only noticed the quirk since I have been flying around it so much.

Stiletto2

Archived