Aircraft Call Signs missing Airline

bernief

Hi all. Thanks to Mal and John and all the other people involved (too numerous to mention individually) for a great freeware addon in FTX AU Traffic.

Having listened to ATC at YMML for a while, I get some aircraft with call signs consiting of three numbers and others with four. No Airline mentioned like Qantas and Virgin. I think these are Jetstar and Rex. Does Editvoice Pack work in FSX and if so can someone point me in the right direction to find the appropriate file(s)?

Great programming with lots of action including go arounds.

Hi all. Thanks to Mal and John and all the other people involved (too numerous to mention individually) for a great freeware addon in FTX AU Traffic.

Having listened to ATC at YMML for a while, I get some aircraft with call signs consiting of three numbers and others with four. No Airline mentioned like Qantas and Virgin. I think these are Jetstar and Rex. Does Editvoice Pack work in FSX and if so can someone point me in the right direction to find the appropriate file(s)?

Great programming with lots of action including go arounds.

Bernief, I have a full airlines.cfg file if you want it mate, you just drop it into your main FSX root folder and away you go.  http://rapidshare.com/files/137691932/airlines.cfg.html

Hi all.

I tried Archie's "Airlines.cfg" file in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes directory. Still some call signs with Airline missing.

I then copied the "USEnglishBig.gvp" and "USEnglishASOS.gvp" from Flight Simulator 9\Sound directory (VOZ AI version 1.2) to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound" and "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\ATC\ASOS" directories respectively. Now I have got Rex and Jetstar but unfortunately I am still missing Tiger. Any suggestions.

Hi all.

I tried Archie's "Airlines.cfg" file in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes directory. Still some call signs with Airline missing.

I then copied the "USEnglishBig.gvp" and "USEnglishASOS.gvp" from Flight Simulator 9\Sound directory (VOZ AI version 1.2) to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound" and "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\ATC\ASOS" directories respectively. Now I have got Rex and Jetstar but unfortunately I am still missing Tiger. Any suggestions.

Bernief, as far as I know, the airlines.cfg file will only work in your FSX root directory, ie C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Flight Simulator X\, there will already be a default one in there, just overwrite it. ;)

Hi Archie

I did a search for Airlines.cfg last night and got two versions of it. One in the root directory and one in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes directory. I tried your version in both locations, firstly one at a time and then both together but there was no change. I then copied the .GVP files from FS9 and at least got Rex and Jetstar. Just missing Tiger now. Unfortunately the expert, Mal, is overseas at the present time, I think. It might take a while to get an answer.

Thanks for your help Archie.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bernie, the Mal you are looking for is overseas but I'm the Mal for FTX AI.

Mal Lloyd is not a member here as yet.

Go Cat is in the Tiger Airways Aircraft cfg file as the atc airline callsign, but as far as edit voice pack goes you may have to ask Mal L on VOZ.

Maybe there isn't a Go Cat in Edit Voice Pack.

I dont think the FSX version of Editvoicepack 4 will allow the importing of new callsigns. It was only ever partily completed.

Can you just add the 'Go Cat' callsign to your existing Callsigns file?

Otherwise, change the ATC Callsign for the Tiger Airlines A320s to 'Stripe', in the orignial aircraft file.  Whilst it is no longer authentic, I know it works and it is better than having no Airline code at all.

My 2cents

Azza

• 5 years later...

G'Day all

Figured this is maybe related to my issue.

I've noticed that ATC don't always say the call-sign followed by the number. eg; Velocity XXX is sometimes simply XXX, and yet the next controller (sometimes on the same freq) will start saying "Velocity XXX".

Any ideas why this might be occurring?

Thanks.

Archived