YMML Installation - Memory Problem

ArGee

Hi Team,

I installed YMML but  now when I select YMML in FSX I get the following message:

"The instruction at '0x20e8693' referenced memory at '0x06d35410'.  The memory could not be read". Then FSX crashes.

I also get a similar message for YMEN but all other airports are still OK.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I've shut down other programs and services but that made no difference.

I'm assuming I've got some sort of memory conflict but I really have no idea on where to start looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system is:

XP SP2

M/b Asus P5N32 -E-SLI

Intel core2 Duo E6600

2Gb PC 6400 DDR2 Ram

GeForce 7300GT Video

Hi John,

I can't get that far. When I go to select airport location on the FSX front screen, then hit 'Fly Now' button, that's when the error message appears. Then when I click OK on the message, I get CTD. Same for both YMML and YMEN.

Heiko,

I'm running Memtest86 now and so far no errors. My initial thoughts were that it was a memory problem on my computer, but there have been no errors with FSX or any other software. It is only this new scenery that seems to be a problem. I'm no IT guru, so I'm really a little bit lost. Memtest is still running so I'll post results later.

John,

Flying from Moorabin to YMML I got a CTD at Lat 37 58.60 and Long 145 03.96.  Flying from Avalon CTD occurred at LaT37 56.98 Aand Long 144 32.28.

I've run memtest86 for a prolonged period with no errors reported. I've also installed SP3 and checked for virus, malware etc, but problem still persists. I still have a feeling that the problem is related to my computer, hardware or software I'm not sure.

I'll keep looking in the hope I can turn something up, and if anyone else has ideas, please let me know.

BTW, although I paid $53 I'm not crying. I think it was money well spent in support of ORBX and the fantastic job you guys are doing, and I expect I'll get YMML working eventually.

I'm having a similar problem with YMML except that my computer just closes down and I get the message "No signal". I have, today, had a new board inserted but still the problem exists.I've not tried other flights in the area yet

Order No. FSS0009327

GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

4GB Memory

Dave Butler

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure your problem is quite the same as mine, as my computer wasn't shutting down, just FSX crashing.

In my case, I finally solved the problem by shutting down items in the YMML Control Panel one by one. It turned out that 'airside runway and taxi lights' was the problem. Seems strange to me, but this was the only item causing the problem even though it was daylight. At least I can fly into YMML now even though my FPS are chronically low, I think that's due to my crappy video card (new one needed).

So try shutting down your CP items one by one and see if that helps.

Archived