Minor AI problem at WO4 / KHQM / 5WA8

Thankyou Orbx for this excellent Bowerman package

I loaded it up last night and flew the entire area Awsome. When setting up for takeoff I noticed the AI aircraft doing theie Touch & Go's, they would arrive at the threshold OK and land perfectly but would roll 2/3 of the strip and begin takeoff all the way into the trees or water for about another 200 or so meters and then lift into the sky (noticed on the Cessna Grand caravan).

I'm not really bothered by this strange behavior, but I thought I'd ask if it was fixable or just another FSX bug.

On a side note the water channel beside the strip at WO4 is jagged as though incorrectly alaised but the rest of the scenery is crisp.

Cheers Jethro

Hi

Thanks for quick response Ian and Tim,

Ian,

Traffic does not seem to settle down, I watched the pattern traffic for about 1/2 an hour at WO4 and depending on the direction they were vectored to land the planes needed more runway for takeoff than they had when throttling up. I have seen some strange stuff before at other airports where the planes would come through the trees at ground level so I guess I'll put it down to FSX Bug.

Tim,

The AI traffic comes out of KHQM where I have seen planes taking off inland and landing from the wet end of the runway some of the planes go From KHQM - WO4 and then do circuts at WO4 from either end of the runway I have not seen traffic in this location that go to Hogans 5WA8, or Westport 14S. I'll do some more testing at KHQM but I'm sure that runway is plenty long enough for AI to have second thoughts and still get into the sky before running out of strip.

Cheers Jethro

Hi Wolter,

Thanks, yep I thought so, as I said before it doesn't really bother very much and as you and Ian say they will more than likely settle.

After all theres so much new stuff here to explore I don't think AI glitches will factor greatly.

OK to mark as (RESOLVED)

Cheers Jethro

The Caravan is not really suitable for touch and goes as it requires too much runway to slow down and then accelerate again. Unless you have a long runway, the aircraft will run out of runway and this would be considered normal. The Cessna 172 would be much better for touch 'n goes but even then it still requires a reasonably long runway.

Thanks Graham,

This must be the reason for sure, It seems to only be the caravan that goes long. I've Just been over at KHQM hoping to see some traffic movement with the Kenmore caravan parked over there.

Starting out at dawn on the helipad Orbx weather 1. and WOW!! what a perfect scene.

Cheers Jethro

At 14S, the runway disappears as you approach. I'll try some of the suggestions above to see if it fixes it.

Randall

Sounds like a missing elevation file for 14S, browse to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery and look for ADE_FTX_PNW_14S_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Archived