ni AI traffic anywher??

libra7

I realise this is a forum dedicated for FTX users , which I am a owner of  but I hope soemone out there can help me with an nissue I am having with my AI in FSX...I just insatlled about 70 packages from WOAI  and then converted all the traffic files from FS9 format to FXS using AIFP v 1.4 from AVSIM....howver, when I started FSX  at VHHX by Flytampa..I have ZERO AI!!!    I tried to other potentially bust airports (EGLL and EDDF)..same result..NOTHING????  can anyone point me in the right direction as to what is the issue...thanks in advance!

Hi there,

it's possible that you still have one ore more FS9-format traffic file in \Scenery\World\scenery or active add-on folders. A single FS9 flightplan file will suppress all FSX-format flightplans. If you don't have an obvious suspect you'll have to check the flightplans individually or as groups.

Cheers, Holger

Sounds like a bug in the AFCAD WOAI  files?  70 packages wow--that must cover the whole world! I did about that amount once and FSX crashed. I had to repair the FSX files. Maybe too many airline packages?

Hi there,

I don't think the number of flightplan files matters. I currently have 320 World of AI flightplans active plus the 100+ Beta files of the FTX AI traffic plus about 50 others from other add-ons without any issues. Initially, I had difficulties with the FS9-to-FSX conversion but that turned out to be a VISTA-64 specific problem and was solved by using a different converter: http://lc0277.nerim.net/wiki/index.php?software

Cheers, Holger

I realise this is a forum dedicated for FTX users , which I am a owner of  but I hope soemone out there can help me with an nissue I am having with my AI in FSX...I just insatlled about 70 packages from WOAI   and then converted all the traffic files from FS9 format to FXS using AIFP v 1.4 from AVSIM....howver, when I started FSX  at VHHX by Flytampa..I have ZERO AI!!!    I tried to other potentially bust airports (EGLL and EDDF)..same result..NOTHING????  can anyone point me in the right direction as to what is the issue...thanks in advance!

Hi,

to get ai traffic for VHHX you need the traffic file from Flytampa, or you have to make traffic for VHHX, because with WOAI you will only get traffic for VHHH. And if you have add-on airports for EGLL and EDDF installed and aircraft shadows activated, your ai is maybe invisible. The traffic explorer from the SDK is very helpful...

Hi libra7,

wish I knew the answer to that one. If anyone does know of an easy way to tell I'd appreciate a pointer.

I had one case where I wasn't sure (I had noticed some interference with FSX flightplans) so what I did was to run the flightplan through the converter again (the one I gave the link for in my previous post) except I unchecked the option for the day adjustment. There was no complaint from the converter or FSX and it seems to have worked because the interference disappeared.

The key is finding all active flightplans as they may be located anywhere. Most have "traffic" in their name so a Windows search for those bgl files should help.

Cheers, Holger

Archived