PNW Flying Club

Griphos

Well as I said, I think there is no problem in having more than a couple of options and using all the available areas of MP options for our use, this will ensure that nobody is left out of the mix and help solve this problem of trying to narrow down one specific option. I will post my ts3 server info again for those who may want to use the dedicated "PNW Flying Club" channels I have set up (no password required, but is monitored). The address is ts97.light-speed.com:8335 . I will be on and off for the remainder of today, but usually am always on during the weekends and after work during the week. But feel free to use it anytime you'd like, at anytime you'd like, to speak with anyone who might be on or that you'd like to chat with. I will go ahead and get a form typed up for finding out the need's of everyone who wishes to be involved within this great newly founded "PNW Flying Club" then...unless it's deemed not needed or not a good idea in general. I'm by no means trying to take the reins here with this or anything, just trying to help keep the ball moving in the right direction. I am fully committed to seeing this thing all the way to success and well beyond, whatever it may take. I think it's really great that I finally get the chance to fly with so many of you here, which I have wanted to do for a long time now, and couldn't be more thrilled about it to be honest! 8)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

,I'm looking forward to the form you are referring to.

I'm getting it set up as we speak right now, just to see what the general feel for it is, and go from there. Once I'm able, I'll go ahead and post a link directly to it, so that people can have a look and see what happens. If the general feedback is positive, we can just progress from there. That will give us a good general idea of what when and where people will be able to fly and allow us to group pilots with other like pilots (same available MP capabilities, general scenery coverage, available times to get together, etc.., or something along these lines) and have the capacity to cater to everyone who wishes to be involved in this great community.

Folks, we have our club forums now (thanks John!).

Charlie, I'll let you post the TS info there. And we can start populating them with some useful info and some sessions for us to start exploring the area!

Well, I think C. and Charlie have resolved the problem. I think that if we have a dedicated TS server where everyone can go at any time, then we can indeed work out what mp platforms for what group at what time as we go along. The advantage of Vatsim is that it is indeed always there. The advantage of Gamespy is that it's native in the game, easy to connect to for most people and doesn't slow down the sim (both FSInn and Squawkbox seem to impose a FPS hit if run on the same machine). This is the best solution. People can get on Vatsim at any time, whether or not they are on TS, and see if anyone else is flying around our FBO! People can get on TS and decide whether to join Vatsim or throw up a GS server or even something else (like a person to person mp session for shared cockpit training). Great!

So, we need a dedicated TS server. I have one. I'm happy to set up a PNW Flying Club on it and pw protect it with "Orbx" or something like that and post a stickie in the new PNW Club forums that John is going to make for us. If there is another one already up, or if we want to have several in several places (so people aren't trying to connect to TS all the way around the other side of the world), that's great too. We can have a couple, use the same pw, and post the info on the forum.

Thanks for letting me know why I couldn't seem to use 122.8 in Vatsim with SB. I was wondering! I'm thinking we should use 122.7 as our Club unicom since that's the CTAF for KQHM.

So, I think as soon as John sets up our Club forums, we should set up and post one or a couple of dedicated TS channels and then start flying together!!

On VATSIM you only have 122.8 for unicom and whatever ground stations are online at the moment staffed with ATC people. Sadly you cannot dial in any old freq and have a private channel. No voice on 122.8 on sqwakbox is it's only downfall.

In GAMESPY, frequency use and overall VOICE options are up to the one that started the session.

I see we are moving to the other forum now. :)

C.

Archived