Aviation Vids, "Terrifying airports"

Neil

Interesting selection of short aviation vids, all quite interesting from an unlikely source. Not really terrifying, just the usual candidates, ie Lukla, Courcheval and some others. One I had not seen was Tioman in Malaysia, really nice seaside short strip with an interesting approach. Includes Tegucigalpa, one of my all time favourites, where an American 757 absolutely nails a steep curved approach! Enjoy.

/>http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Life/Travel/10-Terrifying-Airport-Runways.html?cid=wd%3Aotb%3Alifestyle%3A10-Terrifying-Airport-Runways%3A

How close is that building to the starboard wingtip at about 0:52. Wow.

And I like the Honduras one too, that field must surely be one-way-in, one-way-out regardless of wind. Can't imagine clearing that terrain on the departure.

Cheers, Iain

Woman's Day is not one of my regular stops! Picked it up as a link with an article in the Business/Boeing section of the Seattle Times! Good articles on Boeing by correspondent Dominic Gates, if you are a Boeing fan.

I would have loved to be on the patio of the the house in Buhtan in the first video!!!. Lukla is a classic as well. But that one in Corchevele FR. takes the cake. I bet the GPWS was just screaming in the pit of that AA757 into Honduras. :blink:

Archived